Compact Speaker for PC

shinegull

I'm trying to refresh an office setup right now. New PC is in a ML05, so fairly nice and compact. Really quiet as well.

But the speakers I'm using is downright terrible.  cords are crap. sound quality is crap and it crackles. it also takes up a lot of space.

This pc is more for a multimedia / office work. basically word, excel and youtube.

I'm looking for something with a decent sound quality and as few cables as possible. Preferably a single unit, rather having multiple pieces.

Budget is maybe around 50 to 100 CAD.

I thought of getting something like a small soundbar kind of shape, but not really sure if those are any good.

If possible I'd like to fit it underneath the monitor but that has like 6 cm of space.

Or maybe someone has a way to mount something to a vesa bracket and have the speakers on the side or on top?

The monitor seems to have vesa mount holes on the back, which isnt really doing much.

Good sound quality requires decently sized drivers, there's just no way around it. A 6cm (and what I assume would be ~30cm wide) soundbar will sound terrible, especially in that price range. In the end you will be very hard pressed to find any good audio solution for less than 100 CAD.

How big is your desk? How big are your current speakers? What are your current speakers?

13 minutes ago, Hans Christian | Teri said:

Good sound quality requires decently sized drivers, there's just no way around it. A 6cm (and what I assume would be ~30cm wide) soundbar will sound terrible, especially in that price range. In the end you will be very hard pressed to find any good audio solution for less than 100 CAD.

How big is your desk? How big are your current speakers? What are your current speakers?

speaker looks to be something like an Altec V2620.

The desk is pretty fairly cluttered, hence looking for something compact. i've resorted to putting the speaker behind the screen for now since, it does take a bit of space.

It would be wonderful it there was a way to mount a slim speaker on top of the monitor though.

Would keep it out of the way.

4 minutes ago, shinegull said:

speaker looks to be something like an Altec V2620.

The desk is pretty fairly cluttered, hence looking for something compact. i've resorted to putting the speaker behind the screen for now since, it does take a bit of space.

It would be wonderful it there was a way to mount a slim speaker on top of the monitor though.

Would keep it out of the way.

I'm afraid you'll never get good audio within your described dimensions vs budget (well, just dimensions really).

5 hours ago, Hans Christian | Teri said:

I'm afraid you'll never get good audio within your described dimensions vs budget (well, just dimensions really).

What if i replace the monitor with something with speakers? is there any decent monitor with good speakers?