how to use dlp-link 3d projector??

Anas Dweik
Go to solution Solved by GoldDragon007,

Hi

According to the projector, you should use HDMI if you want to view 3D content. To view 3D in your case you will need:

- 3D content obviously, this can be a blu-ray (disk or image*), or some kind of SBS* (side-by-side) or OU* (Over-under) 3D mkv file or even 3D youtube video (this guy has really good demos: https://www.youtube.com/user/1tompo1 ). But be carefull with youtube 3d, because somehow it needs to detect your current setup, from my smart TV app it works fine, but projectors usually doesn't have build in youtube app

- a software (powerDVD) or hardware (blu-ray player that supports 3D content) that can play that specific content but powerDVD is super slow app and may not work well or at all, try to find another one

- a display that supports it and coresponding glasses (you have it)

Generalically that's what you need.

* These can only work if you find a hardware or software that can convert your thing to proper 3D stream for your projector.

1 hour ago, Anas Dweik said:

how to use the 3d ?

The projector needs to detect automatically if a 3D video signal was sent. Some projectors allows to change the 3D settings on the OSD menu, by allowing to chose one of these: 2d to 3d, 3d side by side, 3d over under, etc, but I think your's doesn't support this. So technically you need a device that's can output for you a 3D signal, like a blu-ray player (that supports 3D), PS, XBOX. (well the newer once with proper player theoritically)

what type of videos can i run ?

In 3D in your case only 3D. Or maybe 2D too, if you find a software to do it.

can i use xiaomi box to watch 3d vidoes?

By default no. It does not support 3D. It supports 4K, but not 3D.

Before you trying out your device, charge up your glass.

If you see two images on eachother with some kind of horizontal offset without glass when the movie runs, you see a '3D image'. If you see the same with glass, then your glass may not work, or not the projector does the 3D and therefore the glass can't work with it (this can happen with PC with software provided 3D).D

hi guys . i have a projector and it supports 3d dlp link . and i bought a 3d-glass . 

but i understand nothing . i didnt know to use it or to watch 3d movie . i just understand nothing .

how to use the 3d ? what type of videos can i run ? can i use xiaomi box to watch 3d vidoes?

Hi

According to the projector, you should use HDMI if you want to view 3D content. To view 3D in your case you will need:

- 3D content obviously, this can be a blu-ray (disk or image*), or some kind of SBS* (side-by-side) or OU* (Over-under) 3D mkv file or even 3D youtube video (this guy has really good demos: https://www.youtube.com/user/1tompo1 ). But be carefull with youtube 3d, because somehow it needs to detect your current setup, from my smart TV app it works fine, but projectors usually doesn't have build in youtube app

- a software (powerDVD) or hardware (blu-ray player that supports 3D content) that can play that specific content but powerDVD is super slow app and may not work well or at all, try to find another one

- a display that supports it and coresponding glasses (you have it)

Generalically that's what you need.

* These can only work if you find a hardware or software that can convert your thing to proper 3D stream for your projector.

how to use the 3d ?

The projector needs to detect automatically if a 3D video signal was sent. Some projectors allows to change the 3D settings on the OSD menu, by allowing to chose one of these: 2d to 3d, 3d side by side, 3d over under, etc, but I think your's doesn't support this. So technically you need a device that's can output for you a 3D signal, like a blu-ray player (that supports 3D), PS, XBOX. (well the newer once with proper player theoritically)

what type of videos can i run ?

In 3D in your case only 3D. Or maybe 2D too, if you find a software to do it.

can i use xiaomi box to watch 3d vidoes?

By default no. It does not support 3D. It supports 4K, but not 3D.

Before you trying out your device, charge up your glass.

If you see two images on eachother with some kind of horizontal offset without glass when the movie runs, you see a '3D image'. If you see the same with glass, then your glass may not work, or not the projector does the 3D and therefore the glass can't work with it (this can happen with PC with software provided 3D).D

18 hours ago, GoldDragon007 said:

i am using my laptop , do i need to look for a specific feature in the laptop to run 3d videos? or just the powerDVD?

I think you need to look a specific software, because I don't know if a laptop can put out specific 3D signal...