Using NAS through WAP

Lloyd
Go to solution Solved by Falcon1986,
On 8/10/2020 at 9:35 AM, Lloyd said:

Hi All,

Is there a way to have an WD MyCloud PR4100 connect to my network wirelessly?

My particular situation prohibits an physical connections to a switch or modem router, so I'm looking to see if it's possible to use a spare TP-Link TP-WA901ND to bridge a connection between the NAS and my existing router in another room so i can access my files wirelessly when I'm away from home.

Thanks,

Lloyd

Did you read the manual?

I just went to the TL-WA901ND page and the description clearly states (and even gives a self-explanatory graphic) that it can be used in WDS Repeater and wireless bridge mode.

Please refer to page 8 and onward of the AP’s manual to set it up in ‘Client Mode’. To change the operation mode, read page 11 and onward.

Hi All,

My particular situation prohibits an physical connections to a switch or modem router, so I'm looking to see if it's possible to use a spare TP-Link TP-WA901ND to bridge a connection between the NAS and my existing router in another room so i can access my files wirelessly when I'm away from home.

Thanks,

Lloyd

CURRENT - Dell XPS 15 9550

DECEASED - CPU - Core i7 870 @ 2.93GHz || Motherboard - MSI 7613 Ver. 1.0 || RAM - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1333MHz || Graphics card - MSI GT 220 || Storage - 1x240GB SanDisk SSD Plus (Windows 7 SP1), 1x 960GB SanDisk Ultra II (Premiere/After Effects Projects, 1x 640GB WD Caviar Blue (Data Drive), 2x 4TB Seagate External USB 3.0 HDD

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 9:35 AM, Lloyd said:

Hi All,

Thanks,

Lloyd

Did you read the manual?

I just went to the TL-WA901ND page and the description clearly states (and even gives a self-explanatory graphic) that it can be used in WDS Repeater and wireless bridge mode.

Please refer to page 8 and onward of the AP’s manual to set it up in ‘Client Mode’. To change the operation mode, read page 11 and onward.

On 8/18/2020 at 9:39 PM, Falcon1986 said:

Did you read the manual?

Yeah, I read that, but still wasn't sure as I'm relatively new to this kind of networking.

Thanks for the confirmation though!

CURRENT - Dell XPS 15 9550

DECEASED - CPU - Core i7 870 @ 2.93GHz || Motherboard - MSI 7613 Ver. 1.0 || RAM - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1333MHz || Graphics card - MSI GT 220 || Storage - 1x240GB SanDisk SSD Plus (Windows 7 SP1), 1x 960GB SanDisk Ultra II (Premiere/After Effects Projects, 1x 640GB WD Caviar Blue (Data Drive), 2x 4TB Seagate External USB 3.0 HDD