Lenovo Ideapad L340 Gaming GPU Thermal Throttling at 74 C !!1

Hi, I'm asking for a friend he has a Lenovo Ideapad L340 gaming with i7 9750H, GTX 1650 and 16GB of Ram, so the CPU was hitting 74 Degrees and the clock speed was 2.6 GHz when he ran heaven benchmark, then he turned off DPTF in bios, ran heaven benchmark again then the CPU ran at a higher speed between 3 to 4 GHz and the temps were between 80 and 95 degrees, but the GPU on the other hand was thermal throttling at 74 degrees and around 1650 to 1750 MHz, then it naturally down-clocked itself between 1300 to 1500 Mhz, so he went in the bios again and turned the system performance mode from quiet mode to high performance mode then he saved and exited, and the same issue still happens, so he went to check the performance mode again and it went back to quiet again.

now the CPU is working properly but the temps are high, and the GPU throttles at 74 degrees, and he also couldn't increase the fan speed, he tried ArgusMonitor but the fan settings were locked for some reason and also tried Notebook FanControl but this specific laptop model wasn't there in the configurations, he also tried downloading FanSpeed but he couldn't find a download link anywhere.

I don't know what to do, I searched a lot and the things mentioned are the only things I could find, Oh and also he tried undervolting the CPU with intelXTU to -0.130mV on core voltage offset and cache voltage offset and the thermals on the CPU didn't change that much just 2 degrees.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

looks like there is a hard temp limit for GPU

anyway L340 gaming is bad, shouldn't buy it at the first place

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

• 1 month later...