Which tablet?

Prokart2000

Hi everyone

So I made a post similar to this a few months back but have managed to get a bit of a bigger budget. 

I'm going to use it as device for general media consumption, maybe a bit of photo editing and for lecture notes (using a stylus of course) 

I was waiting for the tab s7 but I have saw rumours that it starts at £699 and it being new I'm not sure how much student discount I'll get off of it. (all will be revealed soon after the unpacked event I will presume). So I was also considering the tab s6 instead as I can get a decent deal on that (15% student discount at the moment) , and it doesn't differ too much from the tab s7, the only thing putting me off that is the talk of poor support for older hardware which is a worry as I'll most likely have this tablet for a few years. 

Apple wise I just prefer android in general so I tend to lean towards an android tablet even though I know apples capabilities for notes and the ipad air 3rd generation is quite old right now which is the one in my price range. 

So essentially I'm asking what would you recommend to me? 

If you need to know any more information just ask! 

Many thanks 

Pro

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

On 8/1/2020 at 2:00 PM, huilun02 said:

In the end I took all the advice given to me and went with an ipad air 3. The tab s7 came out today and looks really good but the software support is a massive deal breaker for me tbh and the ipad air came with free airpods which I'm probably gonna sell so it's alot cheaper than anything else. I'm aware there's meant to be a new one coming but I like the air 3 and its more than powerful enough for what I use it for. Thanks for the help. 

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

4 hours ago, Prokart2000 said:

In the end I took all the advice given to me and went with an ipad air 3. The tab s7 came out today and looks really good but the software support is a massive deal breaker for me tbh and the ipad air came with free airpods which I'm probably gonna sell so it's alot cheaper than anything else. I'm aware there's meant to be a new one coming but I like the air 3 and its more than powerful enough for what I use it for. Thanks for the help. 

The iPad is the tablet king nothing else comes close, google effectively threw in the towel a few years ago when it cancelled the slate line after a year. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

24 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

The iPad is the tablet king nothing else comes close, google effectively threw in the towel a few years ago when it cancelled the slate line after a year. 

I have to agree with you, I'm. Just awaiting delivery of mine now, 1-2weeks shipping time I'd assume because of shortages due to the current situation, can't wait! 

Spoiler

i'll vote for iPads too.
Pure Spec sheets aside, how long you get Updates, the OS optimization (for the Tablet Formfactor), and the amount of Tablet-optimized Apps is a different League.

Plus a quite consistent Battery Life and Performance. I almost never felt any "strange slowdowns" or "strange battery drains". But i'll have to admit, i did have some app crashes once in a while.

You can find alternatives on Android for drawing, for digital note taking, etc.. But yea. Those above give the iPad a special user experience, since Google doesn't do anything for Tablets. It's basicly just Samsung (and Huawei), who built in their own UI-Software with some Tablet-features.

If you can wait 1-2 Months, there COULD be a new iPad 2020 (Entry model), and a new iPad Air 4 (probably with a Re-design).

On 8/1/2020 at 12:44 PM, Prokart2000 said:

Hi everyone

So I made a post similar to this a few months back but have managed to get a bit of a bigger budget. 

I'm going to use it as device for general media consumption, maybe a bit of photo editing and for lecture notes (using a stylus of course) 

I was waiting for the tab s7 but I have saw rumours that it starts at £699 and it being new I'm not sure how much student discount I'll get off of it. (all will be revealed soon after the unpacked event I will presume). So I was also considering the tab s6 instead as I can get a decent deal on that (15% student discount at the moment) , and it doesn't differ too much from the tab s7, the only thing putting me off that is the talk of poor support for older hardware which is a worry as I'll most likely have this tablet for a few years. 

Apple wise I just prefer android in general so I tend to lean towards an android tablet even though I know apples capabilities for notes and the ipad air 3rd generation is quite old right now which is the one in my price range. 

So essentially I'm asking what would you recommend to me? 

If you need to know any more information just ask! 

Many thanks 

Pro

Apple make some of the best tablets on the market, on the subject of android tablets, one of my relatives has a Samsung tablet thats a couple of years old and having used it, all of the apps on their tablet work perfectly fine, so best tablets are from apple and Samsung In my opinion