Unidentifiable network

tomcer2003

Hello, 

I recently changed network switche and WiFi in my house, I set up everything correctly, but if I plug net cable on my pc I get only unidentifiable network and no Internet. It is same if I tried laptop. In every room except living room is it same. In living room I have a WiFi. I tried directly connect laptop to the switch with cable and there I have Internet. I don't know what is wrong with it. Maybe cables are bad? But they worked before and now they don't? I don't know. What could be the problem? 

Perhaps if your switch is managed maybe it isn't setup correctly? Is your modem connected to your router then your switch then your devices?

11 minutes ago, tomcer2003 said:

Hello, 

I recently changed network switche and WiFi in my house, I set up everything correctly, but if I plug net cable on my pc I get only unidentifiable network and no Internet. It is same if I tried laptop. In every room except living room is it same. In living room I have a WiFi. I tried directly connect laptop to the switch with cable and there I have Internet. I don't know what is wrong with it. Maybe cables are bad? But they worked before and now they don't? I don't know. What could be the problem? 

So let me get this straight, you have a switch that is connects all of the network drops in your house and none of the drops work correctly. But if you plug your device directly into the switch, then it works? 

Are you getting an IP address assigned at all? 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

5 minutes ago, AidenTheBotLol said:

Perhaps if your switch is managed maybe it isn't setup correctly? Is your modem connected to your router then your switch then your devices?

No, but last time it was setup same way, modem-switch(other devices) -router

Just now, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

So let me get this straight, you have a switch that is connects all of the network drops in your house and none of the drops work correctly. But if you plug your device directly into the switch, then it works? 

Yes

3 minutes ago, tomcer2003 said:

No, but last time it was setup same way, modem-switch(other devices) -router

Unless that modem is a modem-router combo doing it that way isn't going to work you are going to have to do modem>router>switch>devices 

15 minutes ago, AidenTheBotLol said:

Unless that modem is a modem-router combo doing it that way isn't going to work you are going to have to do modem>router>switch>devices 

I tried it now but still it wasn't working... I thing I have to change all of my cables. It is possible that I accidentally break connectors on them? Because for my they are looking pretty normal 

1 hour ago, tomcer2003 said:

I tried it now but still it wasn't working... I thing I have to change all of my cables. It is possible that I accidentally break connectors on them? Because for my they are looking pretty normal 

It's very rare the an ethernet cable just breaks unless it has been tugged on a lot