MSI vs ASRock BIOS Flashing Question

When helping one friend update his ASRock B350 Pro4 to be compatible with Ryzen 3rd gen, the BIOS had to be updated in steps (first P3.40, then P5.40, then P5.80).

Another friend is looking to upgrade his MSI B450 Tomahawk Max for Ryzen 3rd gen. When looking at the support page for the Tomahawk, it doesn't mention anything like "You must update to version xxxxx before you update to this version." Is it as simple as just updating to the latest version for the MSI board?

(For reference, here is the ASRock support page, and here is the MSI support page)

MSI's MAX boards support the AGESA code for zen 2 out of the box. 

Also consider the a pro max. Which iirc is the same 4 phase 50a discrete mosfets. And is usually cheaper. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Also consider the a pro max. Which iirc is the same 4 phase 50a discrete mosfets. And is usually cheaper. 

I don't quite understand that answer. My friend already has the Tomahawk Max, he isn't looking to buy another motherboard.

I guess the better question for me to ask is, can I update his BIOS directly to the latest version (7C02v1E) and get support for zen 2? Or do I need to update to version 7C02v19, which is the first version that supports 3000 series CPU's, 

Just now, Seanabo said:

support for zen 2?

MSI max board already support zen 2 out of the box like I said. 

7 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

^. No need for a good update. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

MSI max board already support zen 2 out of the box like I said. 

^. No need for a good update. 

I see where my confusion came from now, I was looking at the support page for the non-max version. Thanks for the help