Laptop under $800 recommendation

First time in the forum, don't know if i can ask these kind of questions here. But I'm the only tech guy around me so if i don't know something I don't have anyone else to ask. And shops workers usually doesn't even know what they are talking about since they only read spec sheet provided to them.

Just like the title i would like some recommendations, going a little bit off is okay but not too much. I have tried looking for a YouTube video recommendation but they were all outdated. I'm interested in the acer swift 3, but i heard the screen isn't amazing but the rest of the spec sheet seems amazing. If i can get something close to this spec (ryzen 5 4700u + vega7) but with good screen that would be great. Screen is important to me since its the thing that I'm going to see all the time while using it. So i won't compromise on that part. Also, i like it plain and simple, those acer nitro laptops looks ugly, if i have to, i would sacrifice it. I don't care bout keyboard too, white backlit is a good thing. Lastly, I'm not going to bring it traveling or anything, i have a small room a pc is going to be too big so laptops are my only option, so I don't mind the size or weight.

So far I'm setting my eyes on the lenovo legion 5 but the price is a bit over, so I'm trying to see if i can get anything better than the swift 3, but cheaper than the legion 5. 

notebookcheck.net have pretty in depth reviews that cover the screen as well

Look at the Asus ZenBook 14 with Ryzen 4000. It has a good screen and good performance. I believe Dave2D did a video on it recently.

10 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Look at the Asus ZenBook 14 with Ryzen 4000. It has a good screen and good performance. I believe Dave2D did a video on it recently.

Can u link the specific device, laptops can be very confusing with all of their different specs in different countries. 

4 hours ago, GeneHexer said:

Can u link the specific device, laptops can be very confusing with all of their different specs in different countries. 

You're looking for the model with a Ryzen 5 4500U

The Acer and Asus laptops are nice budget choices

But the monitor of Acer is mediocre