Printer Recommendations

GanstaKingofSA

Since I am entering college, I know some of the colleges require students to pay per print using their printers. IDK if mine does it so I went ahead and decided to browse for a printer to avoid it. I wanted to know what Printer Manufacturers you all recommended for general printing of text files (very few image prints) and scanning. I'm mainly looking used like in FBMK and not new but wanted to know what manufacturers most recommend or get since I see Epson then Canon apart from HP and Dell at times.

I'm mainly looking at a guy selling a HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Printer for 60 which the ink I could get for 20 via a few aftermarket places since I only know HP well for their prints compared to Canon and such. I did use a Canon printer but there isnt scan function and for some reason i feel the touch interface is needed.

Go on local classifieds and track down a used laser printer. Likely that it'll still have a good amount of toner. If it doesn't, you can buy another cartridge for around 20$

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

2 minutes ago, GanstaKingofSA said:

IDK if mine does it 

You could just ask your academic advisor, or call the building where the printer is housed (usually the library) and ask if students get print credits. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

9 minutes ago, GanstaKingofSA said:

Since I am entering college, I know some of the colleges require students to pay per print using their printers. IDK if mine does it so I went ahead and decided to browse for a printer to avoid it. I wanted to know what Printer Manufacturers you all recommended for general printing of text files (very few image prints) and scanning. I'm mainly looking used like in FBMK and not new but wanted to know what manufacturers most recommend or get since I see Epson then Canon apart from HP and Dell at times.

I'm mainly looking at a guy selling a HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Printer for 60 which the ink I could get for 20 via a few aftermarket places since I only know HP well for their prints compared to Canon and such. I did use a Canon printer but there isnt scan function and for some reason i feel the touch interface is needed.

Stick with the college printers. They charge like 5p a sheet, most of them preload you with a few quid and even then to outweigh the cost of a printer you're looking at 400 sheets. Bear in mind the average ink cartridge only does between 200 and 300 sheets so you would literally never make the cost back. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

4 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Stick with the college printers. They charge like 5p a sheet, most of them preload you with a few quid and even then to outweigh the cost of a printer you're looking at 400 sheets. Bear in mind the average ink cartridge only does between 200 and 300 sheets so you would literally never make the cost back. 

10 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

You could just ask your academic advisor, or call the building where the printer is housed (usually the library) and ask if students get print credits. 

Might ask in the university chat though the reason I am getting one is cause my Computer Teacher recommends to get one and use the University one as a last case scenario probably cause of the print lines at school

2 hours ago, GanstaKingofSA said:

Might ask in the university chat though the reason I am getting one is cause my Computer Teacher recommends to get one and use the University one as a last case scenario probably cause of the print lines at school

At my uni and college they just had printers dotted about, you scan your card and whatever you've sent to print prints. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?