SB X3 - Sound Blaster Command cannot download Super X-Fi Profile

JayEee

I've taken photo's of the ears and connected to the X3 via Bluetooth and created an account.

I then went back to the Windows Command App (v3.4..83.0)  and I signed into Super X-Fi, but every time it hangs at 0% for a few seconds and then says Failed to download Profile".

I tried installing the latest firmware 1.4.200612.1610 but it made no difference.

image.thumb.png.35bd70b3fbc896ed1a747b101d5b003a.pngAny ideas?

Logi MX KEYS - high quality low profile membrane keyboard  - perfect for gaming imo 🙂

oh there's a new firmware 1.5.xxx
I thought it already installed it, installing now...

Logi MX KEYS - high quality low profile membrane keyboard  - perfect for gaming imo 🙂

Does it work now?

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

22 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

Does it work now?

nope the firmware doesnt update, it says its installing, but then closes and shows the previous firmware version

I was having this same issues to.  Eventually it fixed itself and then started acting up again after the installing the latest firmware.  Now it’s working again after a clean install of win10 (for a different reason).  So far it’s been a good amp/dac but it’s very buggy.  The way around this for me was to go through that stupid screen and then the 3 leds would stay flashing red on the x3 until I used the phone app to load the profile.  Extremely frustrating and stupid but I’ve read others having the same issues so eventually creative will have to fix it.  I’ve also heard others say after removing command and the drivers and doing a new install then it fixes it but I never tried that with the new firmware but it never worked for me with the old and just one day outa the blue it started working with the old firmware, no idea why.

SB support told me to uninstall the drivers and make sure its using Microsoft drivers, then install the SB drivers and Command app.
That didnt work.

However when I force closed the Android App, I was able to login to the Command App in Windows and download the Profile.

I tried updating the firmware to 1.5 but that still fails.
I really want to use 1.5 as this unit can be quite buggy. Sometimes I get no sound, or the right channel doesnt work, or the Volume keeps on going down to 0% when I use VOL DN on my Logi MX KEYS.
I need to reboot Windows to fix the volume down bug.
For the other issues I need to reconnect the X3's USB cable.

Yea I hear you.  So far mine has been working well since a fresh win10 install but that would really suck to have to do just because of the x3.  The x3 is really loaded with features but they may have rushed to get it out there as it’s no where near as stable as the ae-5 was.  I guess this is what we get for being early adopters, I’m just hoping creative keeps with it and works it out which I imagine they should since it’s their latest tech/dsp.

16 hours ago, Jesse221 said:

Yea I hear you.  So far mine has been working well since a fresh win10 install but that would really suck to have to do just because of the x3.  The x3 is really loaded with features but they may have rushed to get it out there as it’s no where near as stable as the ae-5 was.  I guess this is what we get for being early adopters, I’m just hoping creative keeps with it and works it out which I imagine they should since it’s their latest tech/dsp.

Played around with it and I found the solution :)
Sent it to SB support, hopefully they will get it sorted in the next Command release.

I managed to install firmware 1.5 by uninstalling the latest Command software and installing the previous version USBCMDMasterInstaller_3.4.72.01.exe

I managed to install the SXFI profile in Windows after force closing the Android app.
I connected the X3 while the PC was off, and connected via Wireless using the Android App, hoping it would "Personalize" the X3 properly but it just hung forever.not sure if that was any help in the process.
It seems like the Android app hangs when trying to upload the profile to the device, which caused the Windows Command app to fail when you try logging in and uploading the profile in Windows.

My original SXFI profile sounded super robotic, but I took the photo's again and this time with my phone's flash instead of an LED flashlight, and that made a HUGE difference.
For some reason the left ear was quite louder than the right but you can adjust that if you click on the Playback->Speaker gear icon and mess around with the LR balance. Its best to play music when you do this.

Use a track with a clear precise sound to hear Center properly (I used Riley Reindold - Growth).
Took me about 20 minutes to get it right, if you click on the balance circle you can use the Left and Right arrows to micro-adjust the balance.

• 3 weeks later...

I think an update came to fix your problem. 975184333_Skrmklipp.PNG.2949d085222bb272752ff8e25000dd5f.PNG

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)