Do I need a complete upgrade?

I was looking at getting a new gpu and have decided to wait for the new nvidia ampere graphics cards and was talking to a friend and he said I might need an entirely new pc to get full use of it. I currently have this pc https://www.microcenter.com/product/507158/powerspec-g153-gaming-desktop-pc with a second 2 tb segate hard drive and 8 gb more ram.

2 minutes ago, Jacksacorn said:

I was looking at getting a new gpu and have decided to wait for the new nvidia ampere graphics cards and was talking to a friend and he said I might need an entirely new pc to get full use of it. I currently have this pc https://www.microcenter.com/product/507158/powerspec-g153-gaming-desktop-pc with a second 2 tb segate hard drive and 8 gb more ram.

Depending on what tier card you get may be fine with you current rig or could just get a i7 8700 (if the m/b can handle it).

CPU - I9 10900 | CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H100x AIO | Motherboard -  Aorus B460 PRO AC | RAM -G.SKILL Ripjaw V series 4x8GB 2666MHZ | Graphics Card - Gigabyte RTX 3070  | Power Supply - Cooler Master 650w  | Storage -  Working on a new Spicy 

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

You have a 400w psu, possibly proprietary motherboard power delivery (dell does that on some of their mobos I believe), and slow ram. At the least you’d want to do an 8700 non-k and upgrade the PSU. Idk if you can upgrade the psu though. 

8 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

You should be okay with slapping in something like the next gen version of the RTX 2060S. May want to upgrade the PSU.

Totally agree. Powerspec is an in-house microcenter brand so I think they use all standard stuff, just from taking off side panels out of curiosity in the store.

Oh dang I thought that was an optiplex 😅 it looked so similar I didn’t even read the brand. 

34 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

You should be okay with slapping in something like the next gen version of the RTX 2060S. May want to upgrade the PSU.

Totally agree. Powerspec is an in-house microcenter brand so I think they use all standard stuff, just from taking off side panels out of curiosity in the store.

ok how many watts do you think i'd need for a psu

7 hours ago, Jacksacorn said:

ok how many watts do you think i'd need for a psu

What’s your budget and country?