Custom PSU cable Help

Sorenson

I'm looking to create shorter PSU cables for my Ncase M1 since the ones that came with the SF600 Platinum are annoying to manage. I'm mainly wondering if this crimper would work (link). I'm planning on using 16 gauge wire since its apparently better than 18 gauge. If anyone can point me in the right direction on the crimper, wire, and connectors I would really appreciate it. 

3 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

I would honestly just recommend buying CableMod custom shorter cables, they might be coming out with some super thin SFF ones. Using 16 gauge wire is much larger than 19 gauge, which means it will take up more space in your case.

I would but cablemod's cables are like $100 for a full set of custom length cables. I was looking to spend closer to $30 since no one will ever see it... 

6 hours ago, Sorenson said:

-snip-

It should, but make sure you do quite a few test crimps to get the hang of it. The official molex one is obviously better and the correct tooling but the bellmouth profile has been around for ages and is replicated fairly well by iwiss and the other cheap tooling alternatives. 

In terms of wire, you can use any kind of primary wire that supports 12VDC loading. If you wanna be extra fancy, you can get mil-spec (600V or higher) off ebay for cheap. 

Connectors are Molex Mini-fit jr...there are plenty of resources on that out in the world.

I would warn you though...if you dont have the expertise or patience, dont do it to cheap out on not having someone qualified to do it.