Hard crashing during Windows 10 clean install

Calivico

Hello helpful people, I’m hoping y’all can give me some ideas for wth is happening to my machine. Tl;dr I can’t install Windows on any drive after wiping my primary SSD to resolve issues caused by Easy Anti Cheat

I started getting BSOD crashes because of Easy Anti Cheat this week, trying to play Halo MCC on my PC. Not the first time it’s happened, so I first tried to roll back with a system restore point I had available from a local backup. When that didn’t fix my issue, ('the crashes actually got worse) I decided to do a clean install of Windows 10. Now I’m getting a BSOD with System_Service_Exception being the most common error thus far while attempting to do a clean install of Windows. 

The freeze happens most commonly after the first steps of the Windows 10 installer completes and restarts to continue the installation, but also happens about 50% of the time when I’m trying to boot into the USB installers I’ve made. My understanding is that this is an issue with the GPU driver, which makes sense, because it’s trying to load the driver to continue the installation. What I don’t understand is why the proper drivers aren’t being picked up by Windows during the install, or if there’s a way to install the correct drivers with a custom Windows installer that I would build myself with DISM (AMD providing their drivers as executables seems to prevent that from what I can tell). I’ve tried multiple versions of Windows 10 (1803 through 2004) and every USB stick I have in the house, all with the same result. I’m not even sure if logs are being generated by this crash, considering where the crash is happening during the install process, but if there’s a place I should be looking for those, please let me know. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

Specs and what I’ve tried so far with each part below:

CPU: R7 2700X, wraith spire cooler, no OC. I have a R7 1700 in another system that I can try if necessary, but I’m unsure if my motherboard will support it. 

GPU: Sapphire RX 590 Nitro+. Issue also occurs with a reference model RX 580 that I pulled from another machine and was working fine there. 

Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge WiFi. Issue also occurs with an Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming board. I bought the MSI board just yesterday to see if that was my issue. Alas, it was not. 

Memory: 16 GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000 MHz. No changes applied to memory in bios. Tested with each stick individually, as well as both sticks, no difference. 

Storage: Crucial P1 M.2 SSD 500 GB. Also attempted with a Samsung 850 Evo over SATA, same result.

Case: thermaltake Atx mid tower, 3 intake fans with a mesh front and one exhaust in the rear. I’ve had the panels open for the last 2 days while troubleshooting, so I’m pretty sure heat isn’t a factor.