Revive old business Dell as gaming PC

Go to solution Solved by databreach,

Bottlenecked? Sure. Don't freak out tho. It's inevitable. Just dont worry about it you'll have a more enjoyable time than the Quadro 600 currently in there (I have a Quadro 1000 so can confirm these cards are pain). If you want you can add the term low-profile to the search so you find cards that'll fit your computer but the gigabyte mini-itx card is the only card that can fit the system rn. Jut take measurements and look up the specs of the different cards. I'd avoid MSI's ventus cards they are loud and don't have fan stop. So, it's constantly loud even if you don't do anything.

Budget (including currency): around 140 euros max lower is better

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming, games like AC odyssey

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I already have a full set-up (screen, keyboard, mouse). I'm going to give my old gaming laptop to my wife.

From work I got an old Dell pc. So I thought maybe I can revive it. But I'm not sure if it's worth the money and time.

About the Dell PC:

T1650

I5-3470

Ivy Bridge Dell motherboard

2x 4GB ram (PC3-12800) + 2x 2GB Ram (PC3-10700). Total 12 GB ram

Nvidia Quadro 600

PSU: Dell model: AC275AM-00 (275 Wattage)

Could a Zotac Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB OC revive this PC? Can I use it without upgrading the PSU and will the CPU (or other components) be a bottleneck?

https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/664925/zotac-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-4gb-oc-edition/specificaties/

So is reviving worth it or should I just build a new one?

20200716_111344.jpg

DESKTOP-DELL.txt

Yes why not?

275 watt is pretty slim but if it's a good PSU it can handle it.

1050TI is a low powered gpu about 75w.

The Quadro 600 is about 40w, not big of a gap.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Go for the 1650 or the 1050Ti. Those two GPUs are available in low-profile variants that can fit in your system and don't require lots of power at all.

12 minutes ago, databreach said:

Go for the 1650 or the 1050Ti. Those two GPUs are available in low-profile variants that can fit in your system and don't require lots of power at all.

I found these 2:

https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/1356242/gigabyte-gtx-1650-mini-itx-oc-4g/specificaties/

https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/1363166/msi-geforce-gtx-1650-ventus-xs-4g-oc/specificaties/

also this one?: https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/1356240/gigabyte-gtx-1650-oc-4g.html

Thanks 1650 is about the sam price but more powerfull. Not sure if the bigger ones will fit though.

But, wouldnt these cards be bottleneckt by the other components?

Bottlenecked? Sure. Don't freak out tho. It's inevitable. Just dont worry about it you'll have a more enjoyable time than the Quadro 600 currently in there (I have a Quadro 1000 so can confirm these cards are pain). If you want you can add the term low-profile to the search so you find cards that'll fit your computer but the gigabyte mini-itx card is the only card that can fit the system rn. Jut take measurements and look up the specs of the different cards. I'd avoid MSI's ventus cards they are loud and don't have fan stop. So, it's constantly loud even if you don't do anything.