Could use some advice with the Define r4 fans

Sato

Hey guys,

I'm looking to do a build and i'm quite new at this. I'm going to get a fractal design define r4, windowed titanium case. I want my machine to be pretty quiet, but i dont want to go crazy on that.. if I can hear it a little bit, its really no problem. I'm planning to put 2 Corsair AF Quiet edition 140mm fans in the front for intake, and 1 in the rear for exhaust. 

The case has a built in fan controller, which allows you to plug up to 3 fans (if i understand it correctly),and you can switch between 12, 7 or 5 volts. which is perfect for me, since im only going for 3 fans. I have next to no knowledge in electronics, so my question is - will I be able to actually control those fans via that controller? Since the fans are not labelled as PWM.

I will probably also have an h100i on the top, with two SP quiet edition 120mm PWM fans (again, do they HAVE to be PWM to be controllable via Corsair Link software?).

Also, I could use some advice on how to set up my cooling to get the best airflow? My plan currently is: 2 front fans for intake, and rear fan + the two on the radiator for exhaust. Is that gonna work? And do you think this case in general is a good choice? Do you think the airflow with this setup is gonna be enough? Since the case is so closed in the front.

OH, and I will remove both front mounting bays for better airflow, since im not gonna be using any mechanical drives in the system.

Use a high end air cooler, use both of the included fans, one as exhaust at the back and one as intake from the bottom. Buy two Hyperboreas and a 3 pin Y splitter and use those as front fans.

I would avoid the Corsair fans.

Keep the top vents closed. 

Error: 410

Seriously, people, what does everyone on this forum have against Fractal Design stock fans that you'd go out of your way to fork over $13+ per fan to replace them, especially with something as unimpressive as Corsair fans?

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn