CPU type survey

Hi i was wondering which type CPU people are using in their main gaming rigs. iam mostly thinking about what generation processer people are running, is there any survey that describes that already. 
Steams hardware suvey told me most are running 4 cores and 3.3ghz to 3.6ghz speeds. But thats not really saying alot when we look at intel CPUs for the last 10 years :D

is there any of that kind of survey around somewhere i have missed?

EDIT:  MAKING a poll on another thread to get people input.

After holding on to my Intel rig for almost 10 years, I'm on the 3700x now.  You can create a poll here if you want, although I'm not sure what the limits of available choices you can make.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Just now, Samfisher said:

After holding on to my Intel rig for almost 10 years, I'm on the 3700x now.  You can create a poll here if you want, although I'm not sure what the limits of available choices you can make.

iam actually in the same situation and thats why i got curious.
i was thinking about the same but if there was one available with a data pool size of steam hardware survive that would be awesome.
I fear this forum doesnt really represent mainstream :) but still better than nothing. 

I'm not sure what most people would be running at this exact moment, but the Ryzen 5 3600 is probably the best selling right now. It provides the most value for the price in pure gaming applications.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

im running an i5 3550 with a 3.9ghz-4ghz overclock but im replacing it with a 10700kf soon since 4c/4t is really bad for my type of usage and its holding my 2080 back :/ 

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

1 hour ago, HardStroke said:

10700kf

I’d recommend buying the ‘k’ model as the extra iGPU can come in handy when troubleshooting. 

41 minutes ago, gloop said:

I’d recommend buying the ‘k’ model as the extra iGPU can come in handy when troubleshooting. 

yeah im actually thinking about it right now

that is my number one concern when it comes to 'f' variants

the 10700k is 510 bucks

and the 10700kf is 472 bucks.

those 38 dollars are kinda big bucks in my country

LET IT SINK FOR A SECOND

in my country, the i7 10070k is 10 dollars more then the flagship, highest end gaming cpu - the so desired i9 10900k according to intel's site (we all know its not like that but still.)

and that is what we call 'thats a big BRUH moment'

for around the same price i could run a 10900k gigabyte vision g 2080 aorus setup...........

probably even a z490 maximus xiii apex.....

it's very expensive to build a pc in Israel, very very very expensive...

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee