Something is very wrong with Windows Update please help

I don't know when this problem occurred but it seems my Surface 2 is recently unable to receive updates, both manually and automatic.

If I go to Windows Update in the desktop environment it says: Latest search for updates: Never. Updates installed: Never. If I try to search manually it will just go on trying to search for a while and then tell me  that there are no available updates and that the system is configured to install updates automatically.

If I go to Windows Troubleshooting through the Control Panel I do find a button which says "Solve problems with Windows Update". I run it, it asks me to run as administrator, I do that and I get this notification which says:

"We have found a potential error in the Windows Update database 0x80070490." It shows me it's solved.

"Windows Update components need repair". That's solved as well. However, it changes nothing.

I have 2 other errors that I believe are a result of missing updates: My wifi connection is sometimes unstable and the Surface 2 sometimes reboots when it wakes up from sleep.

I'm in dire need of assistance as I have no idea what's going on, why and how to fix it... :-/

I hardly update my Windows 7, *clears throat* sorry.. never updated. Because its "Arrr"-ed so yeah. the "Windows is no Genuine" black screen and words on corner right bottom annoys me

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Now I also see this error code: 8024a000

So I think this problem might have been resolved by some cmd code (very informative I know...) that I copied from Microsoft Support. At least it doesn't give me error codes any more and it found a update for Windows Defender. I'll have to keep and eye on it's behaviour none the less.

I experience a side-effect from this mess. The list of installed updates only show the single update that I managed to install a couple of minutes ago. If navigate to the menu which allows me to remove updates they are all there, though.

Regardless whether it is fixed or is not, comments on what just happened and what I should look out for are very welcome. I'm still not sure everything is all right.

Thank you

its better if you go to a windows 8 forums and ask there as they will give a good answer 

i recommend this 

just copy past what you wrought here 

and change your title with a suited one when you post there 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

its better if you go to a windows 8 forums and ask there as they will give a good answer 

i recommend this 

just copy past what you wrought here 

and change your title with a suited one when you post there 

Great thank you :)

Great thank you :)

welcome

and they might take hours to reply as there is a lot of posts there about people facing problems

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M ||