ps/2 to Usb

Harry9856

Hi hoping for abit of help I bought a new board and x99 asus ws/ipmi and it has no ps/2 ports and I bought an adapter and it works with my keyboard but the adapter wont send an continues command so it isn't working in games at all is there anyway I can get the adapter to either poll fast enough so it will work in games or is there a driver to make it accept a repeated command instead off sending each key press as a new one 

4 minutes ago, Harry9856 said:

Hi hoping for abit of help I bought a new board and x99 asus ws/ipmi and it has no ps/2 ports and I bought an adapter and it works with my keyboard but the adapter wont send an continues command so it isn't working in games at all is there anyway I can get the adapter to either poll fast enough so it will work in games or is there a driver to make it accept a repeated command instead off sending each key press as a new one 

Probably better for the long term to get a USB keyboard; easy enough to source.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

1 minute ago, Eighjan said:

It's just I have a bad wrist and the spacing on my keyboard is good for me and id like to see if I can get this working right

1 hour ago, Eighjan said:

So would there be away to do that so that instead of it reseting the key press input it would just assume that the key is being pressed and not reset until a ew key is pressed

4 minutes ago, harry9877 said:

So would there be away to do that so that instead of it reseting the key press input it would just assume that the key is being pressed and not reset until a ew key is pressed

Not sure what you mean, but it sounds like the keyboard you have may just need some dust, etc cleaning out...

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

50 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

Not sure what you mean, but it sounds like the keyboard you have may just need some dust, etc cleaning out...

No its not the keyboard I have a system with a ps/2 port and it works fine what I mean when I use the adapter is ill press and hold down the w key to go forward and it's like I'm pressing a releasing the key when I'm not so like I'm tapping the key instead of holding the key down