GTX 660 SLI

riceazns
Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

After comparing benchmarks, the GTX 770 seems to be around the same as two 660s. You'd be better going with one 770 rather than two 660s. 

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I've been looking online everywhere but i cant seem to find GTX 660 SLI equivalents anywhere.
What I'm wondering is what single GPU is GTX 660s in SLI around the same as? and would buying a gtx 660 for $140 be worth it?
I want to SLI the GTX N660 OC Twin Frozr 2GB cards, if you were wondering.

Thanks,
Andrew

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I've been looking online everywhere but i cant seem to find GTX 660 SLI equivalents anywhere.

What I'm wondering is what single GPU is GTX 660s in SLI around the same as? and would buying a gtx 660 for $140 be worth it?

I want to SLI the GTX N660 OC Twin Frozr 2GB cards, if you were wondering.

Thanks,

Andrew

go for a higher card, something in the 700 series. A more powerful single card is better than two less powerful cards sli'd

@riceazns

Two 660s is around $300 and so is a 770. Problem with two cards is that SLI support is shoddy in some games, problematic, and sometimes just doesn't work so the game only uses one card, meaning terrible performance. Plus the power draw is insane for the speed, in a bad way.

After comparing benchmarks, the GTX 770 seems to be around the same as two 660s. You'd be better going with one 770 rather than two 660s. 

2 660's is about the same as a 770 or 780. It is better to go for the best single card you can and sli later. Get a 780 or 780ti or if you have too much money get a titan black.

Single card equivalent would be a 780, just sell the 660 and get a 770/780 or even better wait for 800 series, I have a 660 and it still runs games well.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird