Fast-Charging Issue

My sister uses a Samsung A20. Its about a year old now and recently have charging issue. With the original samsung's 15w (9V/1.67A) charger the phone charges so slowly and it didn't even detects it as a fast charger. Then I tested with my phone charger an 18w (9V/2A) from Vivo and a Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 charger using the same cable. The phone detects both charger as a fast charging device and uses the 15w charging the phone is rated at.

QUESTION: Could a charger (in this case samsung's 15w charger) losses its fast-charging capabilities?

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Try swapping the cable to the best quality charging cable you have. A bad cable can have high impedance which could restrict how much power the charger can send to the phone.

The 15W charger is rated exactly at 15W. It wont charge faster than that. So any degradation would knock it below the threshold for 'fast charging'

Yea I have tried it with my mom's (A50s) and my brother's (A20s) original charging cable still the same thing 

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

9 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Then it seems the 15W charger has degraded and no longer delivering 15W

Samsung's provided cables are not exactly top quality by the way. There are thicker core AWG dedicated charging cables out there that are capable of up to 100W power delivery.

Welp!!! looks like I have to get her a new charger then *opens wallet*

*big puff of dust came out*

*cough cough* nvm.