Audio trouble on previously working computer.

SynisterE5
Go to solution Solved by SynisterE5,

Ok so i got it working again here's how and possibly the problem: Restored to the point created at the start of windows updates from 2 days ago when my updates were performed, audio now works again so either windows updated files got a lil screwy or it could have DLed the updated driver and that driver was not entirely functional. Any other thoughts?

I built and still am building my new rig, it was working fine till it shut down from updates today. the problem I am having is that windows tells me I am running sound however there is no sound coming thru. I have tried rolling back the audio drivers completely removing and re installing the current as well as earlier drivers with out success.My audio equipment works just fine checked it out already (Razer Tiamat 7.1 and sony desktop speakers) my front panel audio isn't patching through either, tried talking to microsoft but they want $100 to even troubleshoot tried the steps on their diy forum and that didn't work out either. my motherboard is the g1sniper 5 with the creative sound blaster on board audio, os is win 7 64bit, bios version f5, any help would be appreciated.

Make sure that you have downloaded the latest motherboard drivers from your manufacturers website. Since it's a new rig... might be it.

^ +1 this!

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

+1 mobo drivers

Also if you open a run command (win key + R) and run

dxdiag

that is the directX diagnostic tool. it checks out all your drivers and gives great system info.

This tool, on the Sound tab will tell you what driver is been used for sound.

As the system may be using a windows one even if your 3rd party ( better ) one is installed,

Drivers for mobo are all up to date did the dxdiag andall drivers sound related are from the proper place (creative) and not windows and are up to date

Ok so i got it working again here's how and possibly the problem: Restored to the point created at the start of windows updates from 2 days ago when my updates were performed, audio now works again so either windows updated files got a lil screwy or it could have DLed the updated driver and that driver was not entirely functional. Any other thoughts?

Windows updates can really screw you over sometimes...

Hope it stays fixed!

This is why windows updates are called a necessary evil.