What Is The Best Wireless Solution?

Ok so I have a Pfsense firewall which is amazing for wired connections, however I’m looking to upgrade my wireless solution. What is the best way to get the most solid, best range, wireless connection? The best solution I see is getting something like a D-Link DAP-2553 WAP and putting some 8dBi Antennas from TP-LIINK on that AP. Is there anything better and/or cheaper?

Thanks in advance!

I went the old router way. Put DD-WRT on it turn it into a switch+AP probably the cheapest way that does not involve getting dedicated AP's.

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

You'll probably be interested in the 802.11ac solutions such as these: 

Router: http://ncix.com/products/?sku=74214&vpn=RT-AC66U&manufacture=ASUS&promoid=1280

PCI-E Adapter: http://ncix.com/products/?sku=77959&vpn=PCE-AC66&manufacture=ASUS

With the recent flagship phones such as the ASUS Padfone Infinity and the HTC One providing 802.11ac support, it's likely that we'll see an abundance of 802.11ac devices in the near future.

Thanks for the feed back! I have a wireless router with DD-WRT on it but it only has 10/100 ports; this is a bottleneck for a 300mbps wireless connection. Also for whatever reason it will not connect wireless N devices at N speeds. They will connect, but only at G speeds. Also one thing to note is that it will on average have 4 Smartphones connected and 4 laptops connected during the evening hours. Anymore suggestions will be greatly appreciated! 

Your wireless is only as fast as your weakest device, if any of those devices are G then everything will operate at G speeds, force N in the router settings.

As for the speed wireless has a load of overhead meaning speeds will be halved, a 10/100 port can more less handle the "300mbps" speed you are getting.

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

See thats an issue I found when trying to reconfigure my router. When I force N, it will kick everything, including N devices. N devices can still see the SSID, but are never able to connect. Also regarding the 10/100 port, if I were to have just 2 wireless G devices connected @ 54 mbps, that would saturate the 10/100 port would it not?