Raspberry pi - need to automatically start bluetooth start pulseaudio

steelo

Hey guys,

I'm working on a voice changer project with a rpi zero w where I'm trying to connect to a bluetooth speaker. As you probably already know, the zero only has 1 available usb port so I am forced to use a bt speaker. I can manually type in bluethothctl power on, agent on, pair, connect and then start pulseaudio --start. However, how would I go about doing this at boot with something like a python script? I found a few guides online but none of them properly connect my speaker. Also, even when doing this manually it's really flaky whether it wants to connect to the speaker.

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Sauron said:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/bluetooth#Auto_power-on_after_boot

Everything you need should be on that page.

Thanks, this is one of the guides I followed. However I can't figure out which step is missing. If I do this manually, it works 75% of the time. I need to figure out which step differs from when I manually go through the process...

21 minutes ago, steelo said:

Thanks, this is one of the guides I followed. However I can't figure out which step is missing. If I do this manually, it works 75% of the time. I need to figure out which step differs from when I manually go through the process...

Well... no step should be missing. Try debugging https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/bluetooth#Debugging

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

Well... no step should be missing. Try debugging https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/bluetooth#Debugging

Now, it's not even wanting to connect manually. It worked almost perfectly last night...I'm trying to connect to device FC:58:FA...As you can see, it will briefly pair to Hex Spkr and then almost immediately disconnect...then, it won't connect

image.png.22ceb07d674a8ea1ce3d7b32d622da3a.png

1 minute ago, steelo said:

Now, it's not even wanting to connect manually. It worked almost perfectly last night...I'm trying to connect to device FC:58:FA...As you can see, it will briefly pair to Hex Spkr and then almost immediately disconnect...then, it won't connect

image.png.22ceb07d674a8ea1ce3d7b32d622da3a.png

Seems more of a problem with your speaker than your pi...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Seems more of a problem with your speaker than your pi...

That's what I'm wondering...this was a $5 special at Five Below. What's interesting though is it works perfectly with my Android phone and my wifes iphone. I may just have to buy a mic and speaker with a 3.5mm jack to plug into a usb sound card. I was trying to have as few parts as possible so it's easily concealable.