Gtx 680 4gb Or Hd 7970 Ghz Ed Or Just Wait For The 7xx/hd 7990

radjuan

Nvidia                   or                   Amd

--------                                   ------------  

Galaxy 680 1.1ghz 4gb      gigabyte 7970 1.1ghz 3gb

msi 1ghz 2 gb                         hd 7990

gtx 780 

which one is better

The 7970 would be faster then the 680 and the 7990 is already out.

I agree with Killerx as the 7970 is also cheaper (at least where I checked). If you consider going for the upcoming gtx 700 series of going 7990 you have to keep in mind that those are going to cost quite a bit more. If you want to buy one now, and get it for the best price; the 7970 is the best choice.

Depends on your needs/wants. If your current card is bad or dead than get the 7970 unless you want PhysX. If you can wait than I would wait. But we don't know release dates for any of these new cards. Next month 6 months who knows.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

If you want to use Nvidia technology, such as PhysX then I would go with Nvidia. However, if you don't often use these technologies you usually get more bang for your buck with AMD.

As for which generation, it depends on when you need it. If you already have a decent graphics card then I would recommend waiting it out till next generation cards come out, then decide if it is worth the extra money. Else buy now, AMD or Nvidia is up to you, however the Nvidia card that you mentioned was a 4 gb model which would be an advantage if you were running at high resolutions, or multi monitors.

Hope this helps :).

The extra 4GB of vram on the 680 may help it push out a few more FPS but it's bottleneck is the wider memory bus if you were to game at high resolution.

just get hd 7990

The 7970 would be faster then the 680 and the 7990 is already out.

Not entirely true. They trade blows with each other but they're relatively equal.

The extra 4GB of vram on the 680 may help it push out a few more FPS but it's bottleneck is the wider memory bus if you were to game at high resolution.

Also not true. If your card doesn't need the RAM, it won't affect frame rates whatsoever. It's when it runs out of RAM that it can drastically affect performance, much like when system RAM is depleted and the computer then accesses the page file, which is usually slower.

thanks for the help, i might just go for the 7970