Acer Nitro 5 bttm left display (cursor?) flash

Go to solution Solved by 5x5,

Most likely a software or firmware but of some sort. It's harmless, really. I don't think you can remove it, though, without asking Acer for a different laptop or waiting for some update to whatever is causing it.

Forgive me I'm a total noob but this is my laptop:-

AMD Ryzen 5 3550H GFX 2.10GHz 

16gig Ram

Windows home 10 64bit

I know this may seem small to some however I suffer from a little OCD which then types my anxiety through the roof and I don't think I can take this much longer without at least trying to find a way to change it. The laptop is great apart from this sentence cursor (I don't even know what this line is called "|" that flashes as your idle before typing) flashes in the bottom left corner of the screen when the screen is dark there or in full view while watching YouTube or a movie.

I have attached a screenshot, I tried to Google for it but I couldn't find anything ><. As I said I am a complete noob so please be gentle with me lol.

20200701_214738.jpg

Most likely a software or firmware but of some sort. It's harmless, really. I don't think you can remove it, though, without asking Acer for a different laptop or waiting for some update to whatever is causing it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah well that socks, I dont know how to close this topic now though lol.