Modern Warfare Downloading 250kb/s

Cookie0810
Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

It's been a known issue for a while. AFAIK, they haven't fixed it yet. 

I found that if you set the download limit in the Battlenet launcher to 100Kb/s, let it download for a bit, then set it to 0Kb/s (unlimited), it will download at full speed for a while, then you'll have to repeat the process. 

EDIT: If you have a VPN, try connecting to an NA server and downloading through the VPN. I've heard some people in the UK have had luck with that. 

Hi guys,

I'm currently in the process of downloading Modern Warfare on the Blizzard launcher but it is downloading at a not-so-fast pace of 1.5-3mb/s sometimes jumping down to 250-500kb/s.

I have tried downloading over different connections, firstly using a powerline adaptor in my room, which according to the TPplc program, is receiving data from the host powerline adaptor at around 200mb/s. I then went downstairs and plugged my laptop into the router directly and the download speed is still hanging around 1.5-3mb/s sometimes jumping down to 250-500kb/s again. I have also tried downloading over wifi on the 5GHZ band but still the same results.

Does anyone know why this may be happening? I keep pausing the download to run a speed test to see the internet speeds my laptop is getting and it ranges from 30MB/s to 200MB/s depending whether I'm on wifi or ethernet. I have also made sure I haven't limited the download bandwidth in the Blizzard launcher.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Jake

Specs: Windows 10 64bit, downloading onto a 7200rpm 1tb hard drive, let me know if you need any other specs.

EDIT: Do you think it could be because of bandwidth restrictions in my area due to COVID-19?

I found that if you set the download limit in the Battlenet launcher to 100Kb/s, let it download for a bit, then set it to 0Kb/s (unlimited), it will download at full speed for a while, then you'll have to repeat the process. 

EDIT: If you have a VPN, try connecting to an NA server and downloading through the VPN. I've heard some people in the UK have had luck with that. 

4 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Thanks for getting back to me, I'll try both approaches. With the first approach, how long do you leave it on 100kb/s for before ramping it up?

3 hours ago, Cookie0810 said:

Thanks for getting back to me, I'll try both approaches. With the first approach, how long do you leave it on 100kb/s for before ramping it up?

A few seconds