My Gaming Optix MAG272CQR experience/review

What's up folks, am new to the LTT forums, figured I'd stop by and share some of my experiences!

Since there are so many of you here rocking AMD cpu's and gpu's I figured this would be a great place to share my experience with the MSI Gaming Optix MAG272CQR free-sync monitor.   

This monitor is specifically made #ForEveryGamer who want the best of both worlds with an AMD system.   

It definitely packs a punch with Free-sync support at 165 herzz refresh rate, 1440p resolution, HDR, and 1ms response time which will please all your needs.   

The color accuracy and response time are spot on with this VA panel in comparison to other curved VA panels I've tested. The only thing I noticed is a small white glare on the top of the monitor with default settings but this can be tweaked out by using different scene profiles. 

In terms of build quality there are no complaints, everything feels of premium quality and the stand itself keeps the screen in place.  On top of that it has a collapsible headset hanger on the left and RGB aesthetics on the back.  

Viewing angles are not a problem because you can easily get the correct angle for your preference by turning the monitor up, down, forwards or backwards.   

And this is where it gets interesting because unlike many other monitors, this one can actually be controlled by the Gaming OSD app which essentially allows your phone to act as an remote for settings of all sorts. Pretty neat tbf.   

Priced at a around 400 bucks I'd say this monitor has it all for the expectations, the only thing I would want to recommend to MSI is to include G-sync support in future models in order to appeal to the whole crowd.   

I'll attach some pics down below for post for those who are interested. :)   

Thank you!  

Hey there Welcome to the Forums, greetings from Switzerland !

That's a pretty good little over review and first impressions you've written there, not something you see everday from people who have just joined.

Hope you'll enjoy your stay here, we've got members from all around the globe and also a bunch of Industry experts. So if you've got any questions that's tech or gaming related then feel free to Drop those in the appropriate sub-forum any you'll most likely get it answered with in a short period of time.

Also make sure to give the CS a read:

These are the general rules of thumb, every sub-forum has their specific CSs too.

Cheers.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.