WiFi Solutions?

Bruh1

Hello guys.

I'm looking to get wifi on my PC and my motherboard doesn't have built in wifi.

I'd like to have some suggestions , maybe a usb stick? maybe a PCIE wifi card? I have 2 or 3 free PCIE slots. my motherboard is the MSI b450m mortar max, i'd like to have decent speeds and low latency but still not go too expensive, I have 1000 Mbps internet but i dont mind if it doesnt reach 1000 , 500 600 is enough.

thanks

4 minutes ago, Bruh1 said:

Hello guys.

I'm looking to get wifi on my PC and my motherboard doesn't have built in wifi.

I'd like to have some suggestions , maybe a usb stick? maybe a PCIE wifi card? I have 2 or 3 free PCIE slots. my motherboard is the MSI b450m mortar max, i'd like to have decent speeds and low latency but still not go too expensive, I have 1000 Mbps internet but i dont mind if it doesnt reach 1000 , 500 600 is enough.

thanks

Hi, I would be more than happy to help you find a solution which fits your needs, if you could include your budget and what country are you shopping from within this thread (make sure to tag or quote me so that I get notified) then I can take a look at the options available and give you a good recommendation.

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Along with the make/model of the wireless router currently in use

Yes, please also include the speed that you are paying for from your ISP (download/upload) and the model of other related networking equipment which may be in use such as a network switch.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

Just now, Boomwebsearch said:

Hi, I would be more than happy to help you find a solution which fits your needs, I would be able to help you better if you could include your budget and what country are you shopping from within this thread (make sure to tag or quote me so that I get notified).

Along with the make/model of the wireless router currently in use

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I recommend upgrading your house to WIFI 6 hands down! If it's in your budget you'll be surprised at how well it works!

I play CSGO and honestly the ping is so stable, no rubber banding or anything.

I too upgraded to 1Gbps and wanted full speed from the office (which I do get :) - well very very close to it) 

I bought this 2 pack set - Asus AX6100 Triband https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/AiMesh-AX6100-WiFi-System-RT-AX92U-2-Pack/ for $399 as I needed to connect the office (multiple PC's) to the lounge (where the fiber connects) via WIFI 6 backhaul and the triband is definitely required for this approach. I tried with 2 x Asus AX3000's dual band but the office node kept going offline.

36 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Hi, I would be more than happy to help you find a solution which fits your needs, if you could include your budget and what country are you shopping from within this thread (make sure to tag or quote me so that I get notified) then I can take a look at the options available and give you a good recommendation.

Yes, please also include the speed that you are paying for from your ISP (download/upload) and the model of other related networking equipment which may be in use such as a network switch.

I live in France , speeds from my ISP are 1000 Mbps download 100 Mbps upload, budget is around 30-50 euros. 

Not necessarliy any other networking equipement its just a classic router that my network provider gave me.

25 minutes ago, Nakedpeanut said:

I recommend upgrading your house to WIFI 6 hands down! If it's in your budget you'll be surprised at how well it works!

I play CSGO and honestly the ping is so stable, no rubber banding or anything.

I too upgraded to 1Gbps and wanted full speed from the office (which I do get :) - well very very close to it) 

I bought this 2 pack set - Asus AX6100 Triband https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/AiMesh-AX6100-WiFi-System-RT-AX92U-2-Pack/ for $399 as I needed to connect the office (multiple PC's) to the lounge (where the fiber connects) via WIFI 6 backhaul and the triband is definitely required for this approach. I tried with 2 x Asus AX3000's dual band but the office node kept going offline.

i think its out of my budget right now for wifi 6 , this stuff seems to be really expensive cause its a relatively new technology 

17 hours ago, Bruh1 said:

I live in France , speeds from my ISP are 1000 Mbps download 100 Mbps upload, budget is around 30-50 euros. 

Not necessarliy any other networking equipement its just a classic router that my network provider gave me.

Wow, I have the max internet speed speed plan from my ISP in the United States and I only get 200 MBPS down and 10 MBPS up. The download is really fine for my needs (even though in reality I get around 60 MBPS and their support technicians have made multiple trips and can't seem to get the speeds through), although I am quite disappointed by the upload speeds since I would like to have the ability to backup data to cloud services as an option. Until I can get Google Fiber in my area, unfortunately I am going to have to keep using my current ISP :(.

If you want to take some of the load off of your current router and maybe get some better speeds for wireless devices, you may want to use a switch handle connections from other ethernet devices:   https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00YMTNVEM/ref=twister_B07ZZL4JZW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I would recommend this PCIe WI-FI and Bluetooth wireless adapter that supports WI-FI 6 if you do decide to upgrade in the future:    https://www.amazon.fr/Ziyituod-Adaptateur-AX2974Mbps-802-11ax-Bluetooth5-0/dp/B07YZ7J8QD/ref=sr_1_39_sspa?__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=PCIe+wifi+card&qid=1593360126&s=computers&sr=1-39-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyTDJaRjBCWDY2TVRCJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDA2OTEzSTVFVzc3ODVSR05YJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA4MzY4NTQyWlhJVlJaOVpITEQ3JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfbXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

@Bruh1

If your ISP device can provide 1Gbps speeds and has wireless, it should be WiFi 5 compatible... hopefully!

The AX200 chipset that @Boomwebsearch recommended will handle WiFi 5 networks fine. Keep in mind, though, that it has a theoretical maximum of 300Mbps on 2.4GHz (at 40MHz bandwidth) and 1733Mbps on 5GHz (at 160MHz bandwidth) if supported by your wireless access point. Obstructions and interference will always result in reduced speed in real-world experience.

Finally, a PCIe wireless adapter tends to perform better and last longer than a USB wireless adapter.

On 6/28/2020 at 7:26 PM, Falcon1986 said:

@Bruh1

If your ISP device can provide 1Gbps speeds and has wireless, it should be WiFi 5 compatible... hopefully!

The AX200 chipset that @Boomwebsearch recommended will handle WiFi 5 networks fine. Keep in mind, though, that it has a theoretical maximum of 300Mbps on 2.4GHz (at 40MHz bandwidth) and 1733Mbps on 5GHz (at 160MHz bandwidth) if supported by your wireless access point. Obstructions and interference will always result in reduced speed in real-world experience.

Finally, a PCIe wireless adapter tends to perform better and last longer than a USB wireless adapter.

Of course I do have a 5 Ghz connection and it reaches good speeds on my laptop. I just wanted a recommendation for a nice pcie card that I could use.