NVIdia Ansel

PyroTheWise

I have a 2070 Super and I do not install the Geoforce experience.  I only install the main drivers needed for properly running the GPU.  

However, I have noticed a key press to activate Ansel frequently when I play.  I finally decided to look up what it was and I found out it is part of NVIDIA GeoForce Experience.  I never installed GeoForce Experience.  Here are the directories for NVIDIA on my system:

image.png.c2b09c350b5fe96a94e6c24ee8b6431e.png

and the other NVIDIA directory

image.png.efbb770cf99860ed3c97815b1a214b1e.png

I have done research online and all the uninstall solutions assume you already have it installed but I do not.

So has anybody run into this and found a way to permanently remove Ansel so it doesn't run (uninstalled would be best)?

17 minutes ago, PyroTheWise said:

activate Ansel

May be of some help

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

9 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

May be of some help

Thank you for the reply but the problem is that those files only exist if you have Ansel installed - I do not.

I however get  the prompt to use Asnel with the start up of almost any game and Ansel directories are being created for me...  

I just finished clean installed the latest NVIDIA drivers and it still happens.... 

2 minutes ago, PyroTheWise said:

prompt to use Asnel with the start up of almost any game

Is it the game prompting you for this, or nVidia's software?

If it's the software, there should be a service to disable that would solve that.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I believe it is NVIDIA software prompting but I can't find the service or setting to disable it.   All notes point to Ansel being fully installed then using the configuration tools for Ansel to disable it...   There is probably a registry setting somewhere that would do the same  thing.

I am waiting in a queue for NVIDIA tech support to see if that gets me anywhere.

• 5 weeks later...

@PyroTheWise I have the same problem and also maybe a solution.

You need to install geforce experience. Also, ensure that "media feature pack" is installed on your system (otherwise the option to disable the overlay is not shown, this media feature pack is a optionnal feature of windows 10).

Once this done, run geforce experience and open the settings. Only if you have the "media feature pack" installed, you will be able to disable the annoying overlay.

The nasty thing that make me a bit furious against nvidia, is that we must install their crappy geforce experience software to be able to disable this crap. I can't remember if it is mandatory to create an  account to be able to use geforce experience and access settings. It would not even be a surprise to me at this point.

Edit: Just installed it to disable the overlay (I came here initially because of a fresh install).

- You need to create an nvidia account to access the settings of geforce experience (yay, thanks nvidia, you are smart)

- Look at the screenshot below to see what to uncheck in the settings page)

- Now you can uninstall geforce experience and gently ask nvidia to remove your data they eventually collected.

Capture.PNG

I did get sort of an answer back from Nvidia about it being a bug but not a bug.

I actually figured out the problem later.  The main game where that keeps popping up has a Registry entry pointing to want to use ansel.    NVidia is allowing the prompt to show even if the software is not installed.

So basically it is a prompt that doesn't and will not work.   The Ansel directories I found were from MS auto installing a really old version of the driver that included ansel.

Thank you for the reply @Romain337