RX 570 performance issue

iamthecarguy

Hi I am facing issues with the performance of my GIGABYTE RX 570 4GB card where I get poor fps in most games I play even the less demanding ones.

My PC Specs are (It is 2 years old)

Ryzen 3 2200g

Corsair Vengance 1x8GB 3000Mhz speed RAM

Asus Prime EX-A320m MoBo

GIGABYTE RX 570 4GB GPU

250gb WD Green SSD

1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair VS450 PSU

Zebronics desire case (From Old PC)

After updating my Radeon Adrenaline driver t0 20.2.2 i am getting poor fps in games running at 1366x768 resolution

Games I play:

Fortnite

Forza Horizon 4

Minecraft Java and Bedrock

Batman Arkham Knight

Minecraft Dungeons

Before I updated to 20.2.2 I used to play most of these games at Ultra settings with 60+fps. Now i get between 20-55fps. Does AMD still have Driver issues or is the PSU wattage to low or is my RAM the limiting factor? Please help!

24 minutes ago, iamthecarguy said:

Hi I am facing issues with the performance of my GIGABYTE RX 570 4GB card where I get poor fps in most games I play even the less demanding ones.

Ryzen 3 2200g

Asus Prime EX-A320m MoBo

GIGABYTE RX 570 4GB GPU

250gb WD Green SSD

Corsair VS450 PSU

After updating my Radeon Adrenaline driver t0 20.2.2 i am getting poor fps in games running at 1366x768 resolution

Games I play:

Fortnite

Forza Horizon 4

Batman Arkham Knight

Minecraft Dungeons

Before I updated to 20.2.2 I used to play most of these games at Ultra settings with 60+fps. Now i get between 20-55fps. Does AMD still have Driver issues or is the PSU wattage to low or is my RAM the limiting factor? Please help!

Since the RX 570 is a bit of an older card this could mean that the update included a feature that had a performance detriment on your card. You can try downgrading your driver.

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Max, 32GB RAM)

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website

7 hours ago, iamthecarguy said:

Ryzen 3 2200g

Asus Prime EX-A320m MoBo

GIGABYTE RX 570 4GB GPU

250gb WD Green SSD

Corsair VS450 PSU

Games I play:

Fortnite

Forza Horizon 4

Batman Arkham Knight

Minecraft Dungeons

Two BIG problems on this rig:

1) You need Dual Channel. So buy another 8GB module and you will have certainly at least 20% more performance, less microstutterings if you're having.

2) 4/4 CPU are not enough for modern games or RX570. It's just not. You can monitoring the GPU Usage to notice that. Probably you're playing at 60% to 75% GPU usage in most of these games (Forza Horizon, Fortnite and Batman for sure in my experience). This means that this CPU is not enough for RX570, which is a very well know thing since like I said, 4/4 CPU is dead for now. 

It's very odd hear that you was able to play these games that I list on 60FPS@Ultra@1080p since in my experience, without a 4/8 CPU and Dual Channel, it's just not possible. Not all the time.

You can try everyting. Reinstall drivers, reinstall windows, overclock, etc. None of these things will fix the problem. You need more RAM and you need a better CPU. 1600AF is something that you can look at. It's cheap, it's have 6 cores and 12 threads, more than enough to make RX570 reach maximum performance. But Ryzen 3100 does a hell of a job too. Personally, I would prefer 1600, since it have more cores, more threads, similar performance, which means that is "more" futureproof.

1 hour ago, iamthecarguy said:

Ryzen 3 2200g

Asus Prime EX-A320m MoBo

GIGABYTE RX 570 4GB GPU

250gb WD Green SSD

Corsair VS450 PSU

Games I play:

Fortnite

Forza Horizon 4

Batman Arkham Knight

Minecraft Dungeons

ayyyy thats muh specs too

1 hour ago, iamthecarguy said:

Ryzen 3 2200g

Asus Prime EX-A320m MoBo

GIGABYTE RX 570 4GB GPU

250gb WD Green SSD

Corsair VS450 PSU

Games I play:

Fortnite

Forza Horizon 4

Batman Arkham Knight

Minecraft Dungeons

u can try to downgrade the driver to the older one (that helped me too) or atleast you could or even if u can try to reinstall windows to check that makes any performance change... try to upgrade the ram to 16 gigs or if u cant u can sell the 8 gb stick and buy 2x 4 gigs stick as dual channel is much better for ryzen chips..

Thanks.I am getting another 8GB stick of RAM after July 1st. I tried downgrading the drivers and it worked for most of the games except Fortnite.

38 minutes ago, rodrigoxm49 said:

Two BIG problems on this rig:

1) You need Dual Channel. So buy another 8GB module and you will have certainly at least 20% more performance, less microstutterings if you're having.

2) 4/4 CPU are not enough for modern games or RX570. It's just not. You can monitoring the GPU Usage to notice that. Probably you're playing at 60% to 75% GPU usage in most of these games (Forza Horizon, Fortnite and Batman for sure in my experience). This means that this CPU is not enough for RX570, which is a very well know thing since like I said, 4/4 CPU is dead for now. 

It's very odd hear that you was able to play these games that I list on 60FPS@Ultra@1080p since in my experience, without a 4/8 CPU and Dual Channel, it's just not possible. Not all the time.

You can try everyting. Reinstall drivers, reinstall windows, overclock, etc. None of these things will fix the problem. You need more RAM and you need a better CPU. 1600AF is something that you can look at. It's cheap, it's have 6 cores and 12 threads, more than enough to make RX570 reach maximum performance. But Ryzen 3100 does a hell of a job too. Personally, I would prefer 1600, since it have more cores, more threads, similar performance, which means that is "more" futureproof.

Thanks for your help! But there are some issues.

1.My Motherboard doesn't support 3rd gen Ryzen CPUs.

2. Hardware prices in my reigion are outrageous.

7 minutes ago, iamthecarguy said:

Thanks for your help! But there are some issues.

1.My Motherboard doesn't support 3rd gen Ryzen CPUs.

2. Hardware prices in my reigion are outrageous.

Every motherboard that supports Ryzen 2200G is compatible with 3rd gen Ryzens. Anyway, Ryzen 5 1600 is not a 3rd gen CPU.

Try at least to buy another 8GB memory mate, it makes HUGE difference on gameplay and maximize CPU performance. 2200G will cause bottleneck, but you will have much stable performance.

Anyway, if the problem becomes only after update drivers, perhaps you should try to reinstalling it using a old one with Clean Install option activated.

17 minutes ago, rodrigoxm49 said:

Every motherboard that supports Ryzen 2200G is compatible with 3rd gen Ryzens. Anyway, Ryzen 5 1600 is not a 3rd gen CPU.

Try at least to buy another 8GB memory mate, it makes HUGE difference on gameplay and maximize CPU performance. 2200G will cause bottleneck, but you will have much stable performance.

Anyway, if the problem becomes only after update drivers, perhaps you should try to reinstalling it using a old one with Clean Install option activated.

will try thanks for the help

I would first try to roll back the AMD drivers and see if that doesn't fix your issues before spending money. There's also a possibility that the game you're playing had a recent update which may be more taxing on your GPU. More RAM will help, but if this game worked fine before you shouldn't have to 'fix' anything.

14 hours ago, steelo said:

I would first try to roll back the AMD drivers and see if that doesn't fix your issues before spending money. There's also a possibility that the game you're playing had a recent update which may be more taxing on your GPU. More RAM will help, but if this game worked fine before you shouldn't have to 'fix' anything.

I have this card and had the same problem. Just roll back to previous driver download and it should work fine. Also check to see if a windows update screwed around with any settings and or check your bios for any settings you may have unintentionally turned off for the card