Question about the ryzen r9 3900x + corsair H80i v2

11 hours ago, tatunts said:

Hello guys! I really want to buy a Corsair H80i v2 for my Ryzen 3900x, I can only a single 120mm fan/radiator on my mid-tower case. I'm using the stock Prism Wraith and temps are reaching about 80c and thermal throttling to about 4.1Ghz, capping most of my games (GPU is a RTX 2080 ti). Do you guys think the buying this cooler might help decreasing the temps so I can run a higher clock angd keeping a lower temperatura inside the case overall? Thanks!

What case are you using? 

I need to know the model before advising. 

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape. 

• 3 months later...

Hi. Sorry to revive a dead thread but recently I put a H80i V2 on my 3900X and my temps are

[Min: 50C (125F)]
[Avg: 60C (140F)]
[Max: 82C (180F)]

I'm curious to know if this is normal.

Something I should note is that I'm missing the "CORSAIR iCUE USB" cable.