Alexa vs Google ?

espr3ss0

I have an Echo Dot 3 and when I set reminders for the next day when time comes I can't understand what they mean, can't believe how wrong they come out. Anyone have experience with Google (Nest Mini) ?

I've had excellent experience with google's voice accurracy, plus the fact that you can check the results in googles reminders app and the menu in gmail means that making sue its right is very easy.   Google seems to have the best voice recognition ML model at the moment. This being said Things like the exact accent of the person speaking, as well as the positioning of the device in the room can impact all of the different assistants to some degree. 

Does it speak back asking "did you mean ? ..." ?

Just now, espr3ss0 said:

Does it speak back asking "did you mean ? ..." ?

Yeah Google does that, and gives you recommendations that are similar or in some occasions so far off it makes you laugh :D

I probably should have gone with Google. 🤔

Anyone want an Echo Dot 3 (white)?

32 minutes ago, espr3ss0 said:

I have an Echo Dot 3 and when I set reminders for the next day when time comes I can't understand what they mean, can't believe how wrong they come out. Anyone have experience with Google (Nest Mini) ?

I bought the first generation Google Home Mini which is now the 2nd generation Google Nest Mini, I would say that it's pretty good (besides the occasional bugs that Google usually launched an update for at first). The Google assistant has pretty good voice recognition with the ability to "train" your assistant to recognize your voice better and tell the difference from others.

11 minutes ago, BrokenWave said:

I've had excellent experience with google's voice accurracy, plus the fact that you can check the results in googles reminders app and the menu in gmail means that making sue its right is very easy.   Google seems to have the best voice recognition ML model at the moment. This being said Things like the exact accent of the person speaking, as well as the positioning of the device in the room can impact all of the different assistants to some degree. 

I have two google assistant speakers (the Google Home Mini and the Lenovo Smart Clock) at the moment, and I have to say that the smart clock usually does a better job at interpreting what I am trying to say, although that's probably because of better microphone placement, design, and/or quality. Google uses machine learning algorithms and will ask you to say some phrases when you set it up to learn to recognize your voice better and continues to improve.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

I just use the calendar in my phone, it doesn't take that much longer to put in an event, you get the reminder when ever you want it and you have the benefit of always being able to check all events you have on the go without having to remember anything.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

20 hours ago, espr3ss0 said:

Google may be more boring but get most of the stuff done, as alexa feel more fun but at often have slow response and the speech recognition is annoying at times when it doesn't recognize your voice or what you said when you are thirsty coming back from an training and the last thing you want to do is repeat yourself in that situation. Alexa app is better designed then google home app. At times have a delay when controlling smart devices, and integration with phone isn't as automatic as google. Prime music quite nice, but thats a couple clicks in google home, still nicer though to be auto, sound quality google have the upper hand. Haptic or physical Control in the devices Amazon have it better. Alarm sounds google have it better as the default and sound frequency, alexa often do not wake me even in max volume. Backgound noise reduction and blast white noise to help sleep google is the only option albeit alexa can ''technically'' blast white noise, but it doesn't help and is played like a song so it chages white noise timing and sound and that doesn't help sleeping and just overall less quality. 

If you want just one, go with google. 

Alexa is more customiseble, including reply's but their is not really a use execpt scare your partner out or show it off to your friends or on any streaming platform.

Also, google have better voice assistant games. 

TL:TR: If you want just one, go with google.

If you want to to kinda just work(not Apple level), go with google.