Cant get past 1080p

dlevy129

I have a 1080Ti and I have two screens hooked up. Both are 4k tvs that when hooked up individually they both can display a 4k resolution. When I hook therm up together they only want to display a 1080p signal. I have a passive displayport to hdmi adapter on one and the other is straight hdmi. What going on?

When they are hooked up individually do you use the same cables? Whats your OS? Have you installed nvidia driver? Are these new monitors/is this a new gpu?

Pictures of setup and screenshots of display properties with it working and without please.

CPU: Intel i7 9700K | Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus | RAM: 8GB x 2 G.SKILL Ripjaws 3600MHz | GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 80+ GOLD | Cooling: NOCTUA NH-D15 Chromax Black

11 minutes ago, dlevy129 said:

separate cable, new drivers

When did you get this gpu? Did these monitors work correctly before or are they new monitors?

used gpu just brought, both tvs work correctly still without passive DP to hdmi,tried another adapter same problem

1 minute ago, dlevy129 said:

used gpu just brought, both tvs work correctly still without passive DP to hdmi,tried another adapter same problem

Open up the nvidia control panel and attempt to change the resolution there.

4 minutes ago, Ohsnaps said:

Open up the nvidia control panel and attempt to change the resolution there.

4k is there but still looks fuzzy when applied

6 minutes ago, dlevy129 said:

4k is there but still looks fuzzy when applied

So I had a similar issue when I used a tv it had to do with the setting on the tv. I don't exactly remember but it wasn't sharpening or anything like that. Is it fuzzy when you do it with only one plugged in? Generally if its not a tv thing its this weird thing with nvidia that NON recommended resolutions will be fuzzy. So first try different things with the tv. 

6 minutes ago, Ohsnaps said:

So I had a similar issue when I used a tv it had to do with the setting on the tv. I don't exactly remember but it wasn't sharpening or anything like that. Is it fuzzy when you do it with only one plugged in? Generally if its not a tv thing its this weird thing with nvidia that NON recommended resolutions will be fuzzy. So first try different things with the tv. 

well it worked just fine with only hdmi with same tv setting 

18 minutes ago, Ohsnaps said:

ok something new when click through random things on nvidia control panel it flickers to nice correct resolution then back to fuzyness???????

Just now, dlevy129 said:

ok something new when click through random things on nvidia control panel it flickers to nice correct resolution then back to fuzyness???????

Can you explain waht click through random things is? What did you change?

what tv´s do you have? model number.

are they newer 4:4:4 suported 4k60hz tv´s?

have you enabled "Enhanced HDMI" or whatever it is called, that enables full HDMI2.0 to the port on the TV. (all tv´s that support the higher res has that setting)

you sure that the setting is 4:4:4 or RGB 4K60hz  you are running, if the fuzziness is text based, it could be that the screen is running lower bitrate colors.

are the cables "HDMI2.0" compliant and how long.. 3meters and more, and cables soon becomes an issue .. 18gbit is the required data rate pr cable to run 4K60hz, you don´t need an expensive HDMI cable, but short lenghts and a low AWG (.. big chunky cobber inside the cable) and you also need it to be verified.. many of the cheaper also says HDMI2.0 but they are not, and forget about getting stable 4k60hz on them with RGB og YUV 4:4:4 have fought with 7 meters cables, until i spend 50 bucks on a GOOD cable.