What are your experiences with outemu browns?

I've been thinking of getting a budget keyboard that is not too loud, is tactile and cheap. So i want to know what its like. Please tell me

I've never tried outemu browns but I've tried cherry mx browns, kailh browns and kailh speed copper which I'm using right now.   The thing is that the outemu switches I tried had a really bad case of spring ping that was more annoying that the click of the switch (they were blue switches) and the clack of the bottoming out or topping up of the switch.  Sadly when you want the best silent keyboard you can it can get expensive really fast.  If the "I'm typing" noise don't bother you well I would just give them a try.  Which keyboard did you have in mind with outemu browns ?

Here is a short "review" of the brown switches I tried.  Hope it will help you a bit. 

First the noise ...

since they're all non clicky switches well they don't click per say, like blue and some other does, but there's some noise coming from bottoming out and also from the switch coming back up.  To dampen the bottoming noise you can always use o-ring but you'll still have some noise when the switch comes up ... The best way to minimize those noise is to get silent switches.  Kailh released a silent box brown that has dampers inside the switch to make it silent like cherry silent red has.  Sadly getting a keyboard with those switches or a barebone is not that cheap ... 

You can also get ping noise from the spring ... something I only experienced from my outemu blue (the only outemu I tried) ... the ping noise was even more annoying than the click of the switch.  You can try to get rid of it with lube but the outemu blue were so tight that I was afraid to break them while opening them so I just gave up that idea. 

Second the feel ... 

cherry brown : almost feels linear, you have to search for the tactile bump by pressing the key really slowly and even then you might not find it ... at least on the keyboard I had which was razer blackwidow stealth 2013

kailh brown : nice tactile bump, not too sharp but still can feel it a bit when typing.  You have a bit of travel before the bump and the actuation.  Tried those on my gf's rosewill keyboard. 

kailh speed copper : sharp tactile bump and you can really notice it with every key you press.  The bump is right at the beginning when you press the switch and you kind of have to overcome it to press the key. It's sharp and really not mushy but I would qualify it as rubber dome like as on the rubber dome over membrane keyboard I've tried you had a resistance right on the top of the key and had to overcome it to press the key.  That's the only place where it can remotely resemble a rubber dome, the really high tactile point.   Also since the switch is "speed" the actuation point is higher and the total travel is shorter than non "speed" switches.  Typing on them feels great and it's my favorite tactile switch so far. 

So as you can see even if those are tactile switches the feeling can be quite different.  As I said I haven't tried outemu brown, just had some outemu blue so far, so I can't talk about outemu browns.  Hope that helps and also sorry for going from there to here with so much detour, it's just that I really like typing on those and I can't seems to get enough of it.   ;) 

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD