BIOS update required?

Go to solution Solved by Haro,

if it was manufactured recently / the stock is new it most likely will support the AGESA code for zen 2

if id didn't  just ask a computer store if they can update it for you.

Hi, LTT!

I’ve been planing on upgrade my computer, and I’ve been getting all the parts I need little by little. I’m planning on getting the Ryzen 3 3300x (once it’s available), and I’ve been watching some videos and reading in some forums about having to update B450 motherboards in other for the new processor to be compatible or to work. I’ve been planing on getting the Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi AM4 ATX motherboard.

Could anyone help me out with this question, if it’s necessary to update the BIOS or not in this case? And if so, how could I do it if I only have that exact processor?

I currently use the AMD FX 6300

Thanks guys!

EAF8EECC-407C-4F60-946B-4D241E08B24C.png

if it was manufactured recently / the stock is new it most likely will support the AGESA code for zen 2

if id didn't  just ask a computer store if they can update it for you.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

The web-page for the motherboard on Gigabyte's site says it is AMD 3000 ready out of the box.  I do not believe you will have any issues.