GPU Problem

Premsanity

Okay so I built my first PC and it’s all together and works fine with integrated graphics (I’m waiting for some extra money to buy a 2080 ti) but I have a gaming laptop that a relative lent me for school. I figured well I have it I might as well try to play R6S on the laptop since I can’t on my desktop yet. So I go to download the game and it says “insufficient storage” I’m like of course smh. So I try to free up space I got within 3Gb away from downloading the game. Long story short I was wondering if anyone could give me a tip to free up 3 more Gb or if there was a way to use my laptop GPU as a temporary desktop GPU? It’s a Nvidia GeForce GTX/Intel i7, Dell gaming laptop. (Why it only has 79Gb of free space off a clean disk is beyond me.

if your planning on getting a 2080 ti wait until ampere and big navi release.

anyway, you could try deleting any extra restore points your laptop has created on its own.

3 minutes ago, GoodEnough said:

anyway, you could try deleting any extra restore points your laptop has created on its own.

When do those release? Also I’m not sure what those are, i may have already done it I watched a couple videos and followed through them but I never got anything more than 10Mb. I even deleted all the apps I could off the disk, it says it’s using 40Gb of files that you can’t delete (I feel like that’s a lot more than it should be) 

7 minutes ago, GoodEnough said:

I’m not sure I can wait until September I’ve been building this machine for months. As much as I am tempting because I want the possible I just don’t know. I run Intel i9 9900k, 32Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, I was going to get the EVGA FTW3 Ultra Gaming Hybrid. Do you think waiting would make it that much better?

1 minute ago, Premsanity said:

I’m not sure I can wait until September I’ve been building this machine for months. As much as I am tempting because I want the possible I just don’t know. I run Intel i9 9900k, 32Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, I was going to get the EVGA FTW3 Ultra Gaming Hybrid. Do you think waiting would make it that much better?

well considering that the 3080 ti will be coming out in September, it couldnt hurt to wait

not to mention amd will be releasing a new gpu at the same time as nvidia

1 minute ago, GoodEnough said:

well considering that the 3080 ti will be coming out in September, it couldnt hurt to wait

not to mention amd will be releasing a new gpu at the same time as nvidia

What if I bought a cheap graphics card for a few hundred bucks and then waited for that? Does that seem reasonable or? 

1 minute ago, Premsanity said:

What if I bought a cheap graphics card for a few hundred bucks and then waited for that? Does that seem reasonable or? 

you can get the rx 580 for fairly cheap, used to be able to get one for $130 but now its closer to $150 due to quarantine.

9 minutes ago, GoodEnough said:

you can get the rx 580 for fairly cheap, used to be able to get one for $130 but now its closer to $150 due to quarantine.

Do you think that’d be good enough to run with my setup for now? To at least get 60fps on games like R6S, COD, etc.?

4 hours ago, Premsanity said:

Do you think that’d be good enough to run with my setup for now? To at least get 60fps on games like R6S, COD, etc.?

A 580 is overkill for those... You can get 60+ FPS on those with an RX 560. (unless running at maximum settings)

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

5 hours ago, BTGbullseye said:

A 580 is overkill for those... You can get 60+ FPS on those with an RX 560. (unless running at maximum settings)

What’s your opinion on it? I’m definitely thinking about waiting for the 3080 ti but I don’t want to go that long without being able to play anything (Valorant is the only thing that’ll run well with integrated graphics). So I need to fix my laptop storage problem or buy a cheap GPU. The laptop will run anything fine it’s just I need to free a couple Gb at the least 

16 hours ago, Premsanity said:

What’s your opinion on it? I’m definitely thinking about waiting for the 3080 ti but I don’t want to go that long without being able to play anything (Valorant is the only thing that’ll run well with integrated graphics). So I need to fix my laptop storage problem or buy a cheap GPU. The laptop will run anything fine it’s just I need to free a couple Gb at the least 

Any of the RX 5XX GPUs should be fine for your use while waiting for the new GPU releases. I'd say that a used one would be the way to go if you can find them, then sell it off again when the new stuff comes out.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

15 hours ago, BTGbullseye said:

Any of the RX 5XX GPUs should be fine for your use while waiting for the new GPU releases. I'd say that a used one would be the way to go if you can find them, then sell it off again when the new stuff comes out.

Give me a good price range for a used one

Just now, Premsanity said:

I also need 6gb of vram

On 6/23/2020 at 3:09 PM, Premsanity said:

Depends on your location. Usually around 60% of the price of a new one.

On 6/23/2020 at 3:09 PM, Premsanity said:

I also need 6gb of vram

Why? Are you planning on trying to do 4k gaming on it or something? 2GB, 4GB, and 8GB are the only sizes available for the RX 5XX series, and 4GB should be more than enough if you're at 1080p on any of the games you mentioned. If it's a problem in any game, drop the shadow and texture settings down to 1 notch below the highest, that should bring it down to the 4GB mark.