Suspicious About Game Dev Tycoon

ParagonPC

Am I the only one that has noticed that Game Dev Tycoon http://www.greenheartgames.com/ is practically the same as Game Dev Story for iOS https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/game-dev-story/id396085661?mt=8. 

Game Dev Tycoon is made by Green heart games and Game Dev Story is made by Kairosoft according to iTunes.

I've played both games and noticed that they are exactly the same and I was wondering if that Green Heart copied the iOS game or that Green Heart Games are actually Kairosoft?

There were quite a few people pointing that out on Reddit. It's not uncommon to take a game and make a slightly different copy of it. Games like CoD do this every year. Green Heart was released back in 2011, so it's pretty obvious which one is taking from the other.

I find it strange how they target piracy yet they copy another game.

Moved to mobile gaming

The instant I saw a screenshot of that I was like "Hey! Thats Game Dev Story!" 

I played the snot out of Game Dev Story. It was a good game.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

I find it strange how they target piracy yet they copy another game.

How is it strange? From what I've read, Game Dev Tycoon has quite a bit more to it than Game Dev Story and is very different gameplay wise. Sure, they obviously have had a huge impact from that game, but there are many games that do that and quite frankly there is nothing wrong with it providing you actually add something to it.

I played both Game Dev Story quite a bit and yesterday I played Game Dev Tycoon and to be honest its almost exactly the same. I may be wrong since I haven't played Game Dev Story in a while but from what I remember it's an exact copy.

I'm not saying it is I'm just saying it seems like it is.

• 5 weeks later...

I've played game Dev Story on my phone and watched a lot of Game Dev Tycoon on youtube and I thought it was the same company but just ported it over to PC, changed a few bits and gave it a snazzy name.

It's a carbon copy.