Keyboard or Monitor

EarthyMammal346
Go to solution Solved by Light-Yagami,

I think the most important thing is the monitor and a mouse, since they're your main means to interact with the PC.

I'd get the monitor first. And I would prioritise panel quality to refresh rate. A really good 144hz panel is better than a budget 240hz one, because ghosting, response times, colour accuracy, overshooting... 

A jump from 60 to 144 is much bigger than a jump from 144 to 240.

I have a 60hz monitor and a razer Hunstman elite (1.5mm actuation point). I am looking to invest into either the steel series apex pro or a monitor, firstly do you recommend the monitor or keyboard and shall I get a 240hz monitor or 144hz. Thank you.

I think the most important thing is the monitor and a mouse, since they're your main means to interact with the PC.

I'd get the monitor first. And I would prioritise panel quality to refresh rate. A really good 144hz panel is better than a budget 240hz one, because ghosting, response times, colour accuracy, overshooting... 

1 minute ago, EarthyMammal346 said:

Thank you!

mark one of the replies as "mark as solved", so people can't see that no more commenting is needed.

EDIT: Thank you

Definetly the Monitor! 144Hz will be a huge jump from 60Hz.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-9700K | Be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F | Balistix Sport 32GB | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB | Samsung 860 EVO 250GB | 4TB HDD

Corsair RM750xASUS ROG Stryx GeForce RTX 2070 Super OC | Be quiet! silent base 801

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad T-430

Community Standards

Folding@Home

My Stats F@H

22 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

should I get a IPS or TN panel?

3 minutes ago, EarthyMammal346 said:

should I get a IPS or TN panel?

I recommend a good IPS panel

There are some good TNs out there, but IPS just has better colour.. make sure it's a good one though.