What GPU to get for a small mining rig

My situation is that I have an abundance of solar power (Not charging my car anymore since I don't go anywhere) and where I live it's better to use it, than sending it to the grid.

So I wanted to use some of the power to run a mining rig. I only have 1 available slot on my mining computer.

I'm willing to invest 500-750 bucks.

I'm thinking 2070 Super.  Not too expensive, new enough that I can sell it in a few years.

From my research it would make me around 50 ravencoin per day at current difficulty.

I spent a lot of time on different calculators and it is making my head spin a little bit.  I'm not willing to invest in a whole 6 GPU rig, right now.

Is my plan good or bad? Other options?

(This will also be used when I participate in different folding events for TeamLTT)

AMD cards have great hash rates. RX Vega cards would do the trick.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, SwedishNinja said:

My situation is that I have an abundance of solar power (Not charging my car anymore since I don't go anywhere) and where I live it's better to use it, than sending it to the grid.

So I wanted to use some of the power to run a mining rig. I only have 1 available slot on my mining computer.

I'm willing to invest 500-750 bucks.

I'm thinking 2070 Super.  Not too expensive, new enough that I can sell it in a few years.

From my research it would make me around 50 ravencoin per day at current difficulty.

I spent a lot of time on different calculators and it is making my head spin a little bit.  I'm not willing to invest in a whole 6 GPU rig, right now.

Is my plan good or bad? Other options?

(This will also be used when I participate in different folding events for TeamLTT)

wait for rtx 3000, not only will those be better, come at a lower cost due to competition with consoles (for the lower end cards) they'll also be more power efficient, which is important for a mining rig running 24/7

I'm running undervolted Vega 56, but it's low budget driven choice (I bought this GPU for a decent price). I'm just folding, not mining. I gusess You are looking for best performance gpu and power efficiency is not a deal?

live and let live

Thanks for the suggestions!

@Fasauceome Why a Vega64 instead of the 2070Super?  Same-ish price, same-ish money output. I cant compare coin for coint since they work better on different coins. Are AMD cards more versatile?

@OddGreyFox211 I might wait if efficiency was a big determining factor. Also it doesn't seem to be a release date yet.

@jerzymaczewski Yeah, since I only have one slot to fill, I'm looking for as much processing power as possible, within the budget. 2080ti's seem to expensive, but maybe I should just go for it.