Chassis Swap!

Hey guys! Quick question. Right now my system is in a NZXT Phantom 410. For the last couple weeks I've been eyeballing the Define R4 and may get it. My question is is that my CPU is being cooled by a Thermaltake Water 2.0 extreme, it's a 35mm thick rad, and will it fit in a Define R4? My motherboard is a GIGABYTE Z87X-UD3H if that helps at all. Thanks!

I honestly think it can't because the R4 can barely handle the Corsair h100i.

in my basement,using a computer,staring at a 1024x768 screen

It should

Okay sweet! The cooler barely fits in my 410 as of now xD

Don't think so. The top exhaust is designed to handle low profile only. At the end of the day it's not a watercooling PC, even half assed AIO WCing. 

It will fit on the front though, but you will have to shift your drives up and skip a bottom intake fan. 

It will fit fine in a Midi case if you're after the R4 for build quality and Fractal. 

Error: 410

Don't think so. The top exhaust is designed to handle low profile only. At the end of the day it's not a watercooling PC, even half assed AIO WCing. 

It will fit on the front though, but you will have to shift your drives up and skip a bottom intake fan. 

It will fit fine in a Midi case if you're after the R4 for build quality and Fractal. 

Yea, I think you're right. I was just looking at the tech specs of the Define R4 and it specifically says "Slim 240/280mm Radiators".... If I was going to fit it, it would be the first thing I would have to install like I had to do with my Phantom 410, and I think it would be touching the VRM heatsink, or just barely clear of it by millimeters of space.

Corsair 350D?

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

Hey guys I need suggestions. Right now I have an NZXT Phantom 410 and I love it. But I want a case built for silence has a large window and can support a 35mm rad because my i7-4770k is being cooled by a Thermaltake Water 2.0 extreme. I wanted to get the Define R4 with a window but that case wont support a 35mm rad naively, and the NZXT H440 is like no where to be found D: HELP!  

wait a couple weeks for the h440 to come back in stock. Problem solved.

I don't think you need to panic much over some AIO watercooler. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Just buy some noise isolating foam mats and stick them on your sidepanels etc.

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Corsair 350D?

As good of a case as that is, I would have to buy a new motherboard with it. I have an ATX motherboard

H440.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

H440.

Have you even read the post?

It'll fit in a 900d ;)

Everything fits in that beast.

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

Have you even read the post?

I have read it and you said you have a case, that means you can easily wait for H440.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

well you can gather some more cash then sell your case and grab a corsair 900D and call it a day. (might be expensive but hell you'd be looking at this sexy slut almost everyday might as well splash cash everywhere but I have to tell you ir's a freaking huge and I thought my old levle 10 GT was big). 

most likely the h440 would be on stock (if they are already out) soon if not then it will come out soon.

the thermaltake level 10 gt is 100% garbage (small cable management at the back, 240mm fan, looks fine but most people say it's ugly but yeah It looked so awesome at first but as I starte at it....... now kinda ugly as fuck). too much plastic.

edit: It's like choosing a wife

1- choose a ok wife that has pretty much everything you need (a beautiful mother). 

or

2- choose a wife that has so much stuff that you need that you don't even know what to do with the rest. (a beautiful and  one hot sexy mother). [corsair 900D]

more cash splash on the latter but I'd take it anyday.

Live your life like a dream.

You could look into a Corsair Vengeance C70. It has a TON of room in it and can support several full length Rads

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

You could look into a Corsair Vengeance C70. It has a TON of room in it and can support several full length Rads

The C70 is a good choice and it is pretty quiet with most of my case fans (Cougar Turbine) running at full speeds. Cable management is great in this case. You could replace the window for one without holes if you wanted to:http://mnpctech.com/mnpctech-clear-case-pc-panels/corsair-c70-window-replacement-clear-fan-holes-120mm/

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Hey guys I need suggestions. Right now I have an NZXT Phantom 410 and I love it. But I want a case built for silence has a large window and can support a 35mm rad because my i7-4770k is being cooled by a Thermaltake Water 2.0 extreme. I wanted to get the Define R4 with a window but that case wont support a 35mm rad naively, and the NZXT H440 is like no where to be found D: HELP!  

use the fractal design arc midi, get rid of the Tt fans, run a late model PSU and

GPU and you have a silent rig. i have a H440 and it isn't all that more quiet than

arc midi with same equipment.

pictured with an ASUS RIVE and Tt Water Extreme 2.0