Sigma 100-400mm for Sony E mount

Well, kick me in the balls and throw me down a flight of stairs, the last lens I needed to be released for my kit to be more or less complete was announced, the Sigma 100-400mm 5.6-6.3 OS DG DN (did I get that right? Sigma's terminology has always confused me ) for Sony E and the Panasonic L mount. I've been eyeing the Sony 100-400mm GM lens for a while now, but always hissed like a vampire exposed to direct sunlight at the price. I was a bit worried that this lens would just be a port of the EF version with an MC-11 adaptor bolted on, but it's a new optical formula and design. I watched Gordon Laing's and Dustin Abbott's reviews and performance is pretty much on par with the Sony 100-400 GM lens, save for a 1/3 stop less light and slightly less snappy autofocus, though they were using pre-production firmware so that autofocus might be as good as the native Sony option. All this in a very affordable package, $1300 CAD, which is less than the $1500 I expected it to be, and almost 1/3 of what the Sony costs in CAD. I suspect Sony will be dropping the price of the GM lens shortly, but I think Sigma has a winner on its hands. I'm currently getting ready to pull the trigger on the Tamron 17-28mm 2.8 for E mount, so I'll probably pick up the Sigma 100-400mm sometime in the fall. Once I get these two lenses, my kit will be more or less complete.

https://petapixel.com/2020/06/18/sigma-unveils-affordable-100-400mm-f-5-6-3-lens-for-mirrorless-cameras/

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy