my first ever build.

wildgg

Hey all!

so i'm gonna build my first pc.

i will make a homemade Wooden Case from MDF. so i downloaded sketchup 8.0( First time user! i know its not perfect :x) and i started to design a pc case.

http://nl.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=zjcygp&s=8#.Uw5qjfl5N8B

http://nl.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2aeujd1&s=8#.Uw5qv_l5N8A

I will use a plexiglass window in the side pannel.

i will use 3x 120mm enermax case fans and 1x 120mm fan that i have in my current pc, for this build.

----------------------------------------------------------------

so for the hardware:

Mobo  : Msi Z87-G41 PC MATE

CPU    : Intel core i5-4670k

Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX 3 Evo (pushpull)

RAM   : ADATA XPG V2 8GB ''2x4''

GPU   : XFX HD7850 Black Edition

PSU   : Cooler Master B600Watt

HDD  : i will use a 500gb hdd that i use now, i will upgrade later for some ssd's

Case : Self made, pictures above.

LED  : i will use Blue LED strips

Software: Windows 7

----------------------------------------------------------------

like said my first build, it's not the best pc in the world because i have a low budget.

so i will pr0lly paint it black not sure yet will see, maby i like the collar of the MDF wood like it is original.

sorry for my english :P

so if you have any tips/comments/questions or what ever please post below! :D

Tom

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

I would recommend getting a bit more ram. Something to the likings of 8 gigabytes. You might bottleneck with that little of memory if you are trying to play high-end games.

//ccap

• 2 weeks later...
here's a update of my progress!

ei8ewl.jpg

99mj5t.jpg

352okg0.jpg

fn4eoo.jpg

So next week i will be ordering my hardware en hopefully installing it during that weekend!

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

The case looks good but you might want to look at more RAM, and if you really want the super high end gaming performance you could also upgrade your GPU, maybe to a 7950/7970, or a 770?

The RAM upgrade needs to be bought with your build, the GPU upgrade can be bought later and used as an upgrade.

I suspect the system is going to run hotter than expected. MDF is a poor heat conductor and there is no passive exhaust.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

• 3 months later...

i totally forgot to update any pictures here.. im sorry :( so here you go! :)

kasqs6.jpg

14vmrg6.jpg

So the plan now is: i'm gonna replace my current cpu cooler (CM TX3 EVO) for a Corsair H80i running PushPull with Noctua Nf-F12's

then around next month i wanna replace my XFX 7850 Black Edition 2gb for a : XFX R9 280X Black DD 3GB

so yea ill try NOT to forget to update pictures for next week :D

ps the pictures are taken with pretty old Cphone so il try to get better quality pics soon.