Sleep option completely gone.

Go to solution Solved by Master Disaster,
12 minutes ago, Nickathom said:

I have no idea what I'd be looking for 

Open command prompt as admin and do

then take a screenshot and post it please.

You can install the GPE in Home but it requires using DISM, there's a script you can download here to do it for you. Its worth noting that a large amount of the policies simply won't work on Home as its not intended to be used with Home.

As stated in the title, the sleep opion is completely missing for me. This is a recent thing as well. It doesnt even appear in the control panel where it does online. Check Sleep option

I do not have this :(

another solution I have found online that does not work for me is opening the group policy editor. When i search for gpedit.msc, run simply tells me it found nothing. All help is appreciated. 

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

2 minutes ago, Nickathom said:

another solution I have found online that does not work for me is opening the group policy editor. When i search for gpedit.msc, run simply tells me it found nothing. All help is appreciated. 

you need to fiddle around in the registry as the group policy editor is a windows 10 pro exclusive.

Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

quote or reply to me if you want me to reply to you.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Mad153 said:

you need to fiddle around in the registry as the group policy editor is a windows 10 pro exclusive.

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

EDIT:

done some googling for you and the key you need to change is:

1. Open the Registry Editor. Navigate to the following key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power
  2. On the right side pane, double-click CsEnabled and set its value to 1
  3. reboot

[thanks to website I stole  borrowed these instructions from]

Thanks

12 minutes ago, Nickathom said:

Open command prompt as admin and do

then take a screenshot and post it please.

You can install the GPE in Home but it requires using DISM, there's a script you can download here to do it for you. Its worth noting that a large amount of the policies simply won't work on Home as its not intended to be used with Home.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

can you go into the command prompt and run "powercfg -a" as it could tell you why it isn't working.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Mad153 said:

can you go into the command prompt and run "powercfg -a" as it could tell you why it isn't working.

Hey, when i read it and saw that firmware didnt support it, it made me think of when i disabled SMT the other day to increase my fps in valorant. I just re-enabled it. that was the issue. Thank you for your help, i greatly appreciate it

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

3 minutes ago, Nickathom said:

180921327_commandprompt.thumb.PNG.c634aa6fd1c22a48af66159f0d345d4c.PNG

OK, that's about as helpful as a blind tour guide. How about telling us why S3 is not available... Cheers Microsoft.

Try the script I linked to install the GPE and see if you have success there.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

OK, that's about as helpful as a blind tour guide. How about telling us why S3 is not available... Cheers Microsoft.

Try the script I linked to install the GPE and see if you have success there.

Hey, when i read it and saw that firmware didnt support it, it made me think of when i disabled SMT the other day to increase my fps in valorant. I just re-enabled it. that was the issue. Thank you for your help, i greatly appreciate it

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200