thoughts on Corsair XD5 Reservoir?

Hello, i'm currently in the market for a reservoir for my custom loop and i was wondering what do you guys think of the corsair XD5 and is the attached d5 pump powerful enough to keep a good flow rate through 1 cpu block, 1 gpu block and 3 potentially 3 black ice radiators? 1 55mm 360 and 2 30mm 480s 

1 hour ago, DominicNikon said:

Hello, i'm currently in the market for a reservoir for my custom loop and i was wondering what do you guys think of the corsair XD5 and is the attached d5 pump powerful enough to keep a good flow rate through 1 cpu block, 1 gpu block and 3 potentially 3 black ice radiators? 1 55mm 360 and 2 30mm 480s 

You'll have no problem using a D5 on that, the blocks are only the really restrictive thing where rads are pretty free flowing. 

16 hours ago, W-L said:

You'll have no problem using a D5 on that, the blocks are only the really restrictive thing where rads are pretty free flowing. 

Oh i did not know that, i thought radiator thickness would play a part in flow restrictions. So the corsair pumps max speed is 800l/h @2.1m pressure head when a ekwb d5 pump/res is 1500l/h with a 3.9m pressure head. would they perform around the same in cooling? i would like to get the corsair res because it would sync up with all my other corsair products 

21 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

Oh i did not know that, i thought radiator thickness would play a part in flow restrictions. So the corsair pumps max speed is 800l/h @2.1m pressure head when a ekwb d5 pump/res is 1500l/h with a 3.9m pressure head. would they perform around the same in cooling? i would like to get the corsair res because it would sync up with all my other corsair products 

Ah ok it is the same format as a regular D5 but with slightly different specs on the motor. I don't really see it being an issue still, the pump is still more than powerful enough to do the job. Most will keep their pump running at restively low speed for noise and only have it ramp up slightly when under load, having it run at max speed to increase flow doesn't really provide a lot more cooling other than it being noisier.