PC Part Picker list critique

Go to solution Solved by Gravy59,

Critique finished.

4 minutes ago, CooperMyers said:

why do you need 2 TB SSD plus 2 TB HD?  

I will not be using this alone; my peers want to install very large programs on it. If you know of a better SSD:HDD ratio, pls let me know. 

Just now, codermagic56 said:

I will not be using this alone; my peers want to install very large programs on it. If you know of a better SSD:HDD ratio, pls let me know. 

I was just curious why you need that much storage.  Seems like a decent ratio.  I just have never used more that 2 TB on a machine. 

27 minutes ago, CooperMyers said:

I was just curious why you need that much storage.  Seems like a decent ratio.  I just have never used more that 2 TB on a machine. 

What would be a good ratio for 2TB?

1 hour ago, gloop said:

P400a digital. 

I got an error on PCPP: The Phanteks Eclipse P400A Digital ATX Mid Tower Case supports video cards up to 420mm long, but video cards over 280mm may block drive bays. Since the Asus GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB STRIX GAMING Advanced Video Card is 299.7mm long, some drive bays may not be usable. The Phanteks Eclipse P400A Digital ATX Mid Tower Case hard drive bays are positioned where some of the bays may be physically blocked when using longer video cards.

Is that a problem or is it nothing?

19 minutes ago, codermagic56 said:

I got an error on PCPP: The Phanteks Eclipse P400A Digital ATX Mid Tower Case supports video cards up to 420mm long, but video cards over 280mm may block drive bays. Since the Asus GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB STRIX GAMING Advanced Video Card is 299.7mm long, some drive bays may not be usable. The Phanteks Eclipse P400A Digital ATX Mid Tower Case hard drive bays are positioned where some of the bays may be physically blocked when using longer video cards.

Is that a problem or is it nothing?

You will have to remove some drive bays to fit the GPU. I'm not sure what specific ones, but you might nit be able to fit a second hdd, etc.

Just now, gloop said:

You will have to remove some drive bays to fit the GPU. I'm not sure what specific ones, but you might nit be able to fit a second hdd, etc.

Great! I wasn't planning to add a second one, anyway. Thanks!

25 minutes ago, codermagic56 said:

2x16GB or 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z?

Not much of a difference, though 2x16 should be able to run advertised speeds easier and leaves potential to upgrade later.

ę̷̢̛͇̮̤͕͚̹̭͈̰̱̮̬̥̮̪̩͚̥͙̼̹̳͈̗̺̝̰̞̘̠͉̼̬̓̓̇̓̌̀̽͐̀͊͂́̋͂́̈̈̃̋̂̈͛̈͐͋́̍̏̀́͂̍̅̒́̿͊͐̚̚̕͝͝͝͝͠r̶̛̹̥̤̪̹̪̺̼̭͓͚̖̖̘̖̠̭̩̫̯̊͆̊̈́̏̌̓̀̀͌̿̽͒́̇̕̚͠ͅŗ̷̢̢̨̛̰̟̤̱̜̪̣̦̬͖͈̞̖͔̹̖̘̫̟̬̼̤͓̣̞̩͖̰͇̲̦͙̯͍̻̺̤̮͈͇̬̰̙̎͋́̽̆̍̍̋̌̅̿͆͋̈́̐̔̌͑̀̅̈́͌͑̂̎̌̎̀͋̂́͂̋̓̇͋̒̑̂͘͘͘̚͠͠͝͠o̷̧̡̡̢̡͚̩̩͕̮͈̣̲̺̼̼͈̹͕̰̦͚̱͎̤̰͎͎̦̖̦̫̼̘͉̪͔̲͇̫̺̣̹̞̯̗̲̭͔͉͓̐̀̆̀͒̇̀̋͛͐̎̀͒͊̀̓͐̏̇͌̀͋̒̄̎̓̎̈́̀͑̔̋̀̈̄͗͂̂̐͒̋̍̀̒͗̃̽͑̎̓͘̚͘̚͜͠͠r̸̨̧̡̛̛̜̠̭̯͔͔̫̫͕̯̬̂̏̏͊̇̔̋̀̃́̀̓͆́̐̇͒̐͋̓̇̈̾̔́̚͘͘͝͝͝ͅ