Project: Sending SMS through computer

wnxhaja

I am currently working on my school project. It is a computer application, one of its feature is to send sms using my android phone.

I don't have any idea how can I connect my computer app to my android phone(basically I dont know where to start :D). Maybe anyone here have done somewhat similar to what I am working with right now.

Thanks! :)

I am currently working on my school project. It is a computer application, one of its feature is to send sms using my android phone.

I don't have any idea how can I connect my computer app to my android phone(basically I dont know where to start :D). Maybe anyone here have done somewhat similar to what I am working with right now.

Thanks! :)

already do this all the time through google voice. I use the google voice extension for chrome so I get instant notifications and then I can reply to texts from my computer 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Hangouts

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Check out MightyText, awesome app.

is there one for ios? and does your phone have to be on to do it? can u just type in your phone number and text straight from your computer?

is there one for ios? and does your phone have to be on to do it? can u just type in your phone number and text straight from your computer?

Doesn't work for iOS as far is I know and yes, your phone needs to be on.

An app that works both on iOS, andriod and has PC and Apple clients. It's called Telegram, loads of people I know switched to this after Whatsapp being brought out my the big F. It's open source and I don't know if their source includes the desktop usage, I've not looked at it, but it's in their FAQ along with API and protocol so if you want to look around it's here

Running it right now on my phone and work PC

AirDroid has it's own online implementation.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

Thanks you everyone for sharing your ideas on how can I implement it.