5700XT = Bricked PC?

P3rfectLIVE

Hello! 

I just got my sapphire 5700xt nitro+ in the post today and decided to plug it into my system. 

System Specs: 

i5, 4500k

ASRock Z97 Pro4

16 gigs DDR3 

(previously a GTX 1060 SSC)

550w Bronze 80+ PSU. 
h510i 

I uninstalled NVIDIA GPU drivers before shutting down my PC. 
After installing the sapphire GPU, my PC does this: 

After “turning on” the PC will sit there, not displaying any output, and eventually do this. 

Zero output. 
I tried putting my old GPU in, won’t boot with that either. 

Did I somehow brick my system? 
How do I even troubleshoot this 

I appreciate any help!

Start by removing as much as you're willing to go

Take out all the power connectors to the mobo and the ram, and plug them all back in and see if that does anything

see if you can use the motherboard display out with just your cpu to get any post

CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.4 GHz | RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333MHz | GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB 

What is causing the clicking sound when the system suddenly turns off? Is there some latch action with the power button? If not, then try to identify where it is coming from. That component may be causing a short.

2 hours ago, DakotaWebber said:

Start by removing as much as you're willing to go

Take out all the power connectors to the mobo and the ram, and plug them all back in and see if that does anything

see if you can use the motherboard display out with just your cpu to get any post

I’m assuming this means that one of my key components has failed, 

can the GPU be ruled out because the fans are spinning?

can the mobo be ruled out because the pump and fans work? 

im assuming that the PSU can be ruled out also. 

If I take the AIO off and boot the computer for a second and touch the i5 to see if it’s hot, would that mean that the i5 is working? 

2 hours ago, Izyalin said:

What is causing the clicking sound when the system suddenly turns off? Is there some latch action with the power button? If not, then try to identify where it is coming from. That component may be causing a short.

I’m not sure. It stopped at one point I’m not sure what it was at all. 

P.S. 

yes I know my ram is not in DIM.A1 I was trying all of them. 
also, that loud noise is a ceiling fan. 

Just removed my AIO, the CPU immediately warmed up upon boot attempt. (Never got anywhere dangerous.) 

Im not sure if that rules it out, but I’m not sure how else to check it. 

so, how can I rule out my mobo and RAM sticks? I guess I’ll have to go buy some ram sticks to see if they will function correctly in the board 

Ordered some ddr3 ram off of amazon, 

how can I determine if other components are working or not, what are telltale signs of functioning? 

Really the only way to tell if a component is working is to try it in another system. Things like fans spinning and pumps... pumping, definitely tell, but they can't just tell you straight up that something is working. RAM is a good place to start since the system appears to shut down and restart. Question, does the system lock up after it restarts? As in, pressing the power button does not turn off the computer and you have to hold it down/turn off the PSU?