Best bios for Ryzen 5 3600

Just bought a ryzen 5 3600 coming tomorrow what bios should I update to on the asrock b450m steel legends 

Thanks 

The newest one available on asrocks webpage? 

6 minutes ago, AshleyA19 said:

Just bought a ryzen 5 3600 coming tomorrow what bios should I update to on the asrock b450m steel legends 

Thanks 

The newest bios version for that board available. You can only update a motherboard bios to an update that is available for that board, they aren't universal. The best thing to do when getting a motherboard or building a new computer is  upgrade it to the newest available at the time of purchase, if it is a used board or one that you are currently using with a different CPU it will need to have the latest available update to run the 3600 anyway, or if bought new will need to have the update that has support for Ryzen 3000 CPUs. It likely has one from september or august of last year that will say "support for Zen2 CPUs" it needs to have at least that bios version, but again typically updating to the newest available version is the easiest and best way to make sure it is up to date and will work. Keep in mind that some boards have beta versions and personally I avoid them until they become a stable release.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

10 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

The newest bios version for that board available. You can only update a motherboard bios to an update that is available for that board, they aren't universal. The best thing to do when getting a motherboard or building a new computer is  upgrade it to the newest available at the time of purchase, if it is a used board or one that you are currently using with a different CPU it will need to have the latest available update to run the 3600 anyway, or if bought new will need to have the update that has support for Ryzen 3000 CPUs. It likely has one from september or august of last year that will say "support for Zen2 CPUs" it needs to have at least that bios version, but again typically updating to the newest available version is the easiest and best way to make sure it is up to date and will work. Keep in mind that some boards have beta versions and personally I avoid them until they become a stable release.

I'm not sure where it would say zen 2 support

15917322232156888201038862351249.jpg

25 minutes ago, AshleyA19 said:

I'm not sure where it would say zen 2 support

-snip-

First you need to know what version the motherboard is currently running, once you know which version it's on then you can update it to a newer version if necessary. If you don't already have the motherboard you will need to wait until you get it. If it's brand new from newegg or amazon it will say on the box when you recieve it "Ryzen 3000 Desktop Ready" if it says that on the box then you will just need to update to the newest available driver if it doesn't then you will need an older Ryzen 2000 or 1000 CPU to update it to the newest bios version. You can't do anything until you have the motherboard in hand.

Do you have it already or did you buy it new and haven't received the parts yet?

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

• 3 years later...

Hello i know i am a little late but i currently have the same 2 Hardwares with you and the latest BIOS upgrade and chipset for AMD but my pc doesnt recognize my GPU XFX radeon 580 8gb when i shut down and i have no display. I can get in by remote control from my phone but is a HUGE issue and i need to solve it if anyone knows something i would appreciate it.