Re using windows 10

yeetyeetyeeter
Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

You can use the same installation media as many times as you want. You'll need a new key for each activation, but you don't need to reinstall the installation files on the USB. 

i have a usb with a windows 10 installation on it and want to use that usb to also install windows on my little brothers new pc.

can i do that if i get a new key for the same exact windows edition and use the usb + that key

or do i need to completely reinstall it on the drive

thanks,

stan

download windows media creater and create a USB drive to install windows 10. 

due to SSID and different hardwarespec's i would reinstall every time to get a stabile result. 

You can use the same installation media as many times as you want. You'll need a new key for each activation, but you don't need to reinstall the installation files on the USB. 

1 minute ago, Robchil said:

download windows media creater and create a USB drive to install windows 10. 

due to SSID and different hardwarespec's i would reinstall every time to get a stabile result. 

I think you misunderstood OP's question. 

He already has a bootable Windows 10 installer. He just wants to know if he can install Windows on multiple PCs using the same installation media. No need to re-create the installation media each time. 

Also, I fail to see how an SSID is related to a Windows install. I'm not familiar with the term SSID outside of anything but wireless networking. 

2 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

I think you misunderstood OP's question. 

He already has a bootable Windows 10 installer. He just wants to know if he can install Windows on multiple PCs using the same installation media. No need to re-create the installation media each time. 

Also, I fail to see how an SSID is related to a Windows install. I'm not familiar with the term SSID outside of anything but wireless networking. 

true.. i think i saw he had it installed on a usb.