Good streaming build?

thebelgiumpope

https://www.aria.co.uk/WishList/SnnwR6l7ZJfnRBbxCLijbg,

Was planning this but as im new to PC building etc im not sure whether this is the best for around the £900 price mark. 

I will want to be streaming WoW and maybe some LoL or possible more demanding games depending on what i play in the future.

I will be playing all the games i play on max settings.......

Ive picked AMD over the i5 5670k due to people online saying that the 8 core AMD will handle my needs of live streaming far better.

Ive picked this GPU due to it having a better Minimum FPS on almost all games over the GTX 770. Plus it has an extra 1GB memory which can't hurt?

Anyway, id love to hear your guys opinions and whether or not my choices are correct. Thanks

I would recommend the FX-8320 and overclocking it. Looks good. 

Just in my opinion some changes. I bumped you down to a FX-8320 but gave you an excellent CPU cooler for some good overclocking headroom. (Obviously you can go cheaper and air if you want)

I bumped the R9 280X up to a R9 290.

CPU:  AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  (£106.36 @ Ebuyer) 
CPU Cooler:  Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£87.32 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard:  ASRock 990FX Extreme3 ATX AM3+/AM3 Motherboard  (£73.44 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory:  Avexir MPOWER Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£53.90 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Storage:  Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  (£87.98 @ Aria PC) 
Storage:  Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£54.98 @ Aria PC) 
Video Card:  PowerColor Radeon R9 290 4GB Video Card  (£329.99 @ Aria PC) 
Case:  NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£38.64 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Total: £897.57
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-25 21:59 GMT+0000)

CPU:  Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£161.99 @ Aria PC) 
CPU Cooler:  Be Quiet SHADOW ROCK 2 87.0 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler  (£33.76 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Motherboard:  MSI Z87-G43 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£77.06 @ Aria PC) 
Memory:  Avexir MPOWER Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£53.90 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Storage:  Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  (£87.98 @ Aria PC) 
Storage:  Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£54.98 @ Aria PC) 
Video Card:  PowerColor Radeon R9 290 4GB Video Card  (£329.99 @ Aria PC) 
Case:  NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£38.64 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Total: £903.26
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-25 22:09 GMT+0000)

https://www.aria.co.uk/WishList/SnnwR6l7ZJfnRBbxCLijbg,

Was planning this but as im new to PC building etc im not sure whether this is the best for around the £900 price mark. 

I will want to be streaming WoW and maybe some LoL or possible more demanding games depending on what i play in the future.

I will be playing all the games i play on max settings.......

Ive picked AMD over the i5 5670k due to people online saying that the 8 core AMD will handle my needs of live streaming far better.

Ive picked this GPU due to it having a better Minimum FPS on almost all games over the GTX 770. Plus it has an extra 1GB memory which can't hurt?

Anyway, id love to hear your guys opinions and whether or not my choices are correct. Thanks

bullshit. An i5 is much better for streaming and pretty much anything else. I can post benchmark sources for that, but unfortunately i'm on my phone and don't have the time, you can look it up for yourself. 

Also, with UK electricity prices, an i5 will actually be cheaper in the long run. 

Caviar black hard drive is a huge waste of money. A caviar blue will perform just as well while costing a lot less. Just get any 1TB or more hard drive for cheap, it doesn't actually really matter what the brand is. 

Case is also a piece of crap, but otherwise, the build seems pretty good. You could probably get better performance for the price with an NVIDIA card, but i'm not sure if AMD prices are inflated in the UK due to miners, so the AMD might be a better choice. If they are selling a 770 for the same price as the 280x, I would probably get that instead. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Seems very solid for a 900£ build.

You could save some bucks on your PSU though, a 80+ bronze will do just fine.

And don't forget to overclock your GPU & CPU if you are comfortable with it(It's extremely easy, especial fx cpus).

Edit: Mh seems like the 4670k performs way better for streaming...weird:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=26UKz42uQ1Y#t=997

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

I would recommend the FX-8320 and overclocking it. Looks good. 

I took that into consideration also, since i am new i am unlikely to go near over clocking until i am confident in myself, I also saw that the CPU i have put in is effectively a overclocked FX-8320 but both have the same average overclocking ability but out the box the one i have put in is best out the box which for a newbie is important.

bullshit. An i5 is much better for streaming and pretty much anything else. I can post benchmark sources for that, but unfortunately i'm on my phone and don't have the time, you can look it up for yourself. 

Also, with UK electricity prices, an i5 will actually be cheaper in the long run. 

Caviar black hard drive is a huge waste of money. A caviar blue will perform just as well while costing a lot less. Just get any 1TB or more hard drive for cheap, it doesn't actually really matter what the brand is. 

Case is also a piece of crap, but otherwise, the build seems pretty good. You could probably get better performance for the price with an NVIDIA card, but i'm not sure if AMD prices are inflated in the UK due to miners, so the AMD might be a better choice. If they are selling a 770 for the same price as the 280x, I would probably get that instead. 

What case shall i get then? AMD is around £50-70 cheaper.

My bad around £30 cheaper

don't need to get a 4670k. Just get an i5 4440 instead which will give you extremely similar performance when not Oc'ed while costing a lot less money. That way you'll also be able to get a cheaper H87 motherboard instead of a Z87 motherboard. 

don't need to get a 4670k. Just get an i5 4440 instead which will give you extremely similar performance when not Oc'ed while costing a lot less money. That way you'll also be able to get a cheaper H87 motherboard instead of a Z87 motherboard. 

TBH i want that motherboard so i NEVER have to replace it in the future so ican just add stuff as i go along. Are you certain that intel i5 will run better with only 4 cores comparing to 8 cores that will spread out the cpu usage of the streaming + gaming combo?

Look at this PSU, you save 20£ with no real difference.

You can get the 4670k for <30£ more than the 8350. Get a cheapish Z87 board and you will end up spending just slightly more, but gain much more performance.

Benchmarks for 4670k vs 8350 for streaming: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=26UKz42uQ1Y#t=997

Btw I'm assuming you are going to overclock.

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

Look at this PSU, you save 20£ with no real difference.

You can get the 4670k for <30£ more than the 8350. Get a cheapish Z87 board and you will end up spending just slightly more, but gain much more performance.

Benchmarks for 4670k vs 8350 for streaming: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=26UKz42uQ1Y#t=997

Are you certain I5 will be better than AMD? I heard also that the AMD is generally more bang for buck up to about £200?

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/300w5

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£229.98 @ Aria PC) 

Motherboard: ASRock H81 Pro BTC ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£47.75 @ Scan.co.uk) 

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  (£73.44 @ CCL Computers) 

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  (£69.98 @ Amazon UK) 

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£43.72 @ CCL Computers) 

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card  (£242.90 @ Amazon UK) 

Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case  (£62.90 @ Amazon UK) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£53.28 @ Amazon UK) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  (£79.81 @ Amazon UK) 

Total: £903.76

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-25 21:58 GMT+0000)

This may be better I mean around the £900 seems different but would still suggest some critique. (plus has windows 8.1 which is optional) this is what I would pick though

Soo many games, not enough money to get any.

Are you certain I5 will be better than AMD? I heard also that the AMD is generally more bang for buck up to about £200?

Just watched the video, thanks for this mate i will now prob get the i5 4670k with 16gb RAM, What about the GPU?

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/300w5

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£229.98 @ Aria PC) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  (£73.44 @ CCL Computers) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£43.72 @ CCL Computers) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£53.28 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £903.76
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-25 21:58 GMT+0000)

This may be better I mean around the £900 seems different but would still suggest some critique. (plus has windows 8.1 which is optional) this is what I would pick though

Nice man, I might go with this build instead if it will do far better?

@Vypa I don't think it would be practical to pair a unlocked K processor with a chipset that cannot overclock.

@Vypa I don't think it would be practical to pair a unlocked K processor with a chipset that cannot overclock.

:o Vypa please change the build for this :D

Nice man, I might go with this build instead if it will do far better?

The i7 will defiantly beat out that amd cpu you had, it would be allot cheaper to, also if you could spare a bit a after market cpu cooler could help allot, but yeah that's what I'd do if I got a £900 build!

I was thinking this too, you could change that and maybe get a 780, but if he/she wants to tinker later on it would be great

Read that wrong woops-

Edit: Yeah, if you can spare a bit a z87 wont cost too much more or just get the 'un k' version, either way would work for him/her

Just watched the video, thanks for this mate i will now prob get the i5 4670k with 16gb RAM, What about the GPU?

The r9 280x is totally fine, you won't get anything better. The next upgrade would be r9 290(x)<gtx 780<titan<780 ti<titan black

Yes I am 100% certain that the i5 is faster than the AMD for streaming and for most games. Do not get into the trap that is thinking that more cores are better. THe FX8350 might be better bang for the buck for midrange builds, but not for high end builds, and this was proven time and time again recently by many different people. And if you don't want to OC the CPU (which seems to be the case since you seem to be quite new at pc building and seeing that CPU OC'ing can be a pain), the 4440 will be a much better choice. If you really want the best of the best for streaming though, go for an i7-4770. 

I was thinking this too, you could change that and maybe get a 780, but if he/she wants to tinker later on it would be great

Its a he :D Can you edit the build to fit this?

Yes I am 100% certain that the i5 is faster than the AMD for streaming and for most games. Do not get into the trap that is thinking that more cores are better. THe FX8350 might be better bang for the buck for midrange builds, but not for high end builds, and this was proven time and time again recently by many different people. And if you don't want to OC the CPU (which seems to be the case since you seem to be quite new at pc building and seeing that CPU OC'ing can be a pain), the 4440 will be a much better choice. If you really want the best of the best for streaming though, go for an i7-4770. 

Take a look at the build someone posted ^^^^^ Is this build better?

If your budget is like 1500 pounds, I would go for an i7-4770k + a Z87 motherboard and a dark rock pro 2 cooler

Otherwise, go for i5 4430, h87 motherboard, and don't buy a cpu cooler (not necessary especially with UK heat). The stock cooler isn't all that horrible as people make it out to be and is actually more than sufficient enough for stock speeds.

PS: @thebelgiumpope , make sure you quote not your own post but other people's posts by quoting their posts so that they know you responded to them. Otherwise, you can also mention people by puting an "@" and then typing their name out directly next to it and it will do the same thing by notifying people. 

Its a he :D Can you edit the build to fit this?

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/300Tx

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£215.99 @ Aria PC) 
Total: £889.77
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-25 22:10 GMT+0000)

There you go, someone else may be able to get a few better parts (like mobo not 100% sure on that seems fine though)  :P

Take a look at the build someone posted ^^^^^ Is this build better?

yes it would be better but DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT get an H81 motherboad with a 4770k. You would have to spend more and get a Z87 motherboard ( I also wouldn't recommend asrock boards, but instead Gigabyte, Asus or MSI. )

With a 4770k you would also DEFINITELY want an aftermarket CPU cooler such as a dark rock pro 2 otherwise it would go to waste. Or just get a cheaper i7-4770 (non-K) and use the stock cooler.